Water leak - Rear bunk area floor

smp2000

During our first trip out we noticed the carpet in the rear bunk area next to our cabinets was damp. It was not soaked but when blotted with towel it was definitely wet. It was from the base of the cabinet across the back wall (about 18" x 18"). I pulled the drawers and the carpet under the cabinet was dry and the exterior kitchen on the other side of the cabinet was also dry and had no signs of a leak. The under side of the trailer was also dry. The holding tanks I beleive are inline with the dump pulls so not sure what could be leaking along the back wall. It was sunny and about 100' outside so there was very little moisture if any.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Where is your outside shower located? Is it leaking inside its enclosure and into the wall? Did it get left on by chance?

smp2000

Where is your outside shower located? Is it leaking inside its enclosure and into the wall? Did it get left on by chance?

I checked it and everything was completely dry on the outside however the shower is directly outside where the wet spot was. Might be something inside. I'm going to try and dig a bit deeper inside the outside shower area before driving an hour and a half to the dealer. Thanks for the advice

ZNK

We had a leak because our hose for the shower was not tightened completely. Make sure you check the connections on the outside shower. I added pipe tape to make sure the connections were good.

I had the same problem with our 32BUDS. The shower hose was loose. Tightened that and then one of the PEX fittings began to leak. Pulled it out again and replaced all of the PEX fittings. No problems since and that was two years ago.

ZNK

I have confidence that it will. Only bad thing is I had to take out the nails in the wood....so no now I have extra holes I had to fill with putty.

smp2000

Just returned from our weekend in the trailer and found the cause of the leak. It was the hot/cold water lines connected to the exterior shower as well as the city water connection. All of the fittings from the factory were leaking. They were never tightened properly when installed. Luckily they installed an access panel on the bottom corner of the entertainment center in the rear bedroom right next to the shower and city water connection so repairs weren't too difficult. In addition to the fittings leaking the water lines and shower hose weren't even close to being tight. Now is probably a good time to go through the entire trailer and double check every connection to hopefully prevent furture mishaps during our trips away from home.... Thanks again for all of your input!

ZNK

Glad you figured it out. I am planning on replacing all of my pex fittings (plastic) to bronze fittings. My parents had a leak in their Landmark and we determined it was from a faulty plastic pex fitting. Dont want to have to experience that. So im being pre-emptive. Replacing the kitchen sink faucet anyways and installing a drinking water faucet and filter, figured id just replace it all when i install.