Water leak repercussions

usnthedog

Here's my tale and my problem. Had a very bad water leak under my bathroom vanity in by Greystone 32RE. I'm not sure how long it ran for, but it woke me up at night with the noise of rushing water. It ran down thru the floor by the drain and flooded the basement. I pulled every thing out and finally dried out the floor. It took a week because I couldn't leave the doors open all day and the weather was rainy. After the floor dried I crawled in and removed the partition to the rest of the basement. The toilet drain runs through this area and exits through the floor. Looking down into hole around the pipe I see water. I thought there was a slight depression in the top of the tank, so I sopped it out with some paper towels and then stuffed one in to act as a wick. Two days of drying and it still wicks water.

Has anyone been into the under belly to know why I have so much water and is there even more water deeper in the unit?? All ideas would help.

Thanks,

Jeff

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You should definitely drop the belly. It will not be known if there is water down there until you do that.
You are probably right in that there is a depression in the top of the tank. A paper towel as a wick will not gather much water in one sitting.

Peace
Dave