Water Leak: SOLVED - water heater connection

bobeldridge

We have a water leak in our 2005 Landmark Monticello. I have turned off all of the manifold valves in the docking station but water still drips onto to the front axle tire. I have checked the refrigerator and the furnace compartments without seeing a leak or any sign of water. The leak must be coming from the main water line but I can't hear any water to indicate a break in the H2O line. Does anyone have a similar experience?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Re: Water leak

Check the manifold to see if it might be broken or cracked. Ours got a crack on the bottom of the cold water manifold but it was severe enough you could see it. If I remember there are no water lines where the front tire is so it must be running there from somewhere else. BTW the manifold costs about $95.00

hoefler

If your plumbing system is similar to ours, ( 06 Mt Rushmore ), The drain for the water tank is by the left front tire. Your leak could be from the tank or be dripping on the supply line from the tank and running down it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Our ice maker water line is a small, very flexible hose. I can't imagine it breaking.
Somehow, these small 1/4" very flexible lines manage to get a tiny pinhole leak that is near impossible to see other than the puddles of water on the floor of the reefer compartment and the inside of the trailer in front of the reefer. The only way I found it when ours leaked was by accidentally feeling the spray on my hand as I was checking the fittings. Once I repaired the leak I used wire ties to support the tube away from any chance of rubbing on anything.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member

Attachments

• 091712985143lg.jpg
    091712985143lg.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member

Yes, they are made in different lengths 1, 5, 10, 20 and 25 foot. At one Lowe's had them with Stainless Steel Braid covering also.

Last edited:

bobeldridge

I have ruled out the water line to the ice maker, the hot water heater and the possibility of a cracked manifold in the docking station. The next step is to have a service shop check it out with the hope that our "extended warranty" will cover the cost. Good Luck on that happening.
I will post the results since they may assist other owners.

wyleyrabbit

Have you ruled out all of the (dreaded) plastic fittings such as the tee and elbow connectors? One way to tell if it's one of these is to wrap them in toilet paper. Obviously, it won't take long to indicate which of these (if any) are leaking.

Northern Virginia

When my fridge water line sprang it's first leak, it was inside the plastic loom on the kitchen slide out. The pin hole leak ran down the inside of the wire loom and leaked in the same area you are talking about. I would double check the fridge water line. Like 2010Auguta, mine has sprang a couple of leaks and they are hard to find.

John

bobeldridge

After much searching, I traced the leak back to the water heater connections. The water heater is in the basement and far removed from the visible leak but the water was running down and along the curved trim past the docking station to the front tire. All is well now and the H2O heater good.
Thanks for all the advice.