Water leak under water heater

DonHelenL

My 2013 Bighorn 3010RE has suddenly developed a water leak in the area below the hot water heater. Funny thing is it leaks more in the morning than at other times of day. I have had the basement wall panel off and cannot find any sign of leaking behind or around the heater. The leak is showing up where the enclosed underbelly material lays on the frame ( directly underneath the heater) I can insert my hand between the top of the frame and the black paper/sheet of material and it is always wet( last couple of weeks).Anyone run across this before ?

Garypowell

Interesting post.....during this trip started three weeks ago it has been very cold (duh!) even though we have stayed on I-10 until 5 days ago.

I noticed water under the water pump.....and the dishwasher connection started leering too. I replaced a fitting on the dishwasher and even did my first PEX crimp and that seemed to solve the problem there.

Every time I would work on the other leak I would crank down on the discharge connection on the water pump....but the slight leak continued....just a wet spot on the floor.

Last time I looked and cranked again the thought came to me "I wonder if anything is going on with the water heater?" as the water seems to now be coming from that area. I am only seeing customers (MS State) this morning and planned on getting into it this PM.

I thought it it had something to do with the cold and fittings......but now not sure.

Garypowell

I found mine....did you find yours?

It turned out to be water dripping from the wand connection to the outside shower that was my dripping leak. I had thought it was the water pump and then the OP had brought up the idea of the water heater. But I guess what I learned is water will travel as we hook and unhook and move down the road. With the diamond plate rubber mat there is some resistance. The first time I saw the standing water it was by the water pump....but my thinking now is it had ran there from behind the UDC where the wand connection is to the back of the valve assembly.

We don't ever use the outside shower....and I am not really sure why the water was leaking past the shut off valves.....so again I have to watch it over time to insure the wand is not pressurized all the time.

But the connection to the backside of the valve assembly was not even finger tight. Probably that way from day one....but on the other hand I have always been messing around back there moving the extended hose around to get to stuff.....so maybe I helped loosen it.

But I think my problem is solved!