Water leak

btbaillie

Our 4th time out with our new Sundance I have water dripping under the trailer. I found the source. There are 2 blue lines that go through the floor into the bathroom. I assume they go to the sink and the toilet. The water runs down the line to a low point then it drips.

This started when I first hooked up to the water and turned it on. Yes I do have a regulator. I turned on all the faucets and let them run for a while to get all the air out and the leak stopped.

My question is, when I turned on the water with air in the lines, maybe the pressure built up and caused the leak and when I opened the faucets the pressure was released?

The would be a hard area to get to. Remove the bathtub or cut a hole on the side of the trailer.

Bruce

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is your regulator a good one with a pressure guage, or the static in line preset regulator. If the latter, I would replace it although I don't thing it is your problem.
If those two blue water lines are suspect to you then you should be able to tighten the crimp where they terminate at the toilet and under the sink.
You could wrap some tissue paper around the fittings to see if that is indeed where the leak is coming from.

I just had a second thought. Those two lines may be for your black tank flusher. Take a look to see where they originate. You might find one disappearing into the belly and the other going to the UDC. The anti siphon valves have been known to leak or fail.
Let us know what you discover.

Peace
Dave

btbaillie

Thanks, Dave

I can only see the 2 blue lines when I remove the panel inside the trailer that allows access to the water heater. I can see the lines but cannot even reach them. They go up through the floor at that point. There is no other access.

Bruce

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Check to see if your shower stall has a round access cover in the corner of it. If it does your anti siphon valve may be located there.

Peace
Dave

btbaillie

The lines are indeed the black tank flusher. This is the first time I hooked up a water line to it while camping, I only used it when actually flushing the black tank.

I disconnected the hose and will only connect when I need it. At that time I will check for leaks.

Bruce