water leaking in rear side window

pmachmer

2009 Bighorn 3580... I keep getting water coming into rear side window and running down inside wall.. the trouble is that the drain hole in botton of window frame keeps getting clogged up..

My question is: has anyone ever tried drilling out a couple more holes in bottom frame to let water drain quicker?

tks.. Pat

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see any reason why a few more drain holes would be a bad thing.
What's clogging up the drain holes?
Maybe you just need to keep an eye on the holes and clean them out on a regular basis.
Have you checked the caulk around the window? Might be time to redo it. Do not caulk the bottom.

Peace
Dave

pmachmer

Seems to get dirt in drain tray of window.. I had cleaned it out and cleared the drain hole about 7 months ago. and also clauked around top and sides (not the bottom) it just seem like it is clogging too quickly.

MTPockets

Maybe a bit off topic, but we were in Utah last June when a very strong storm was blowing rain broadside and forcing water "into" those drain holes and water running down the wall under two windows on that side of 5vr. We spent an hour holding bath towells along inside bottom of windows and wringing water many times until wind and rain subsided. Really a strange evening. We also had enough hail it covered the ground.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
MT...we had that happen in our 2008 Bighorn...the design of the frameless windows thankfully won't let that happen....