Water manifold and basement remodel. (Long and lots of pictures)

jejinks

Very awesome thread guys! I don't know much about plumbing,..what is the advantage of the manifold vs. the way they come from the factory?

I basically did it to clean up the endless/uncoordinated pipe and wiring runs. I admit that it is not as "cleaned-up " as I had first invisioned but it is definately more organized. I guess you can call me a neat freak.

I also did the wiring portion to remove the convertor from directly under the water closet and get it up higher in case I had another water leak. I mounted mine on a 2 x 6 so water can't run directly into it and short out (which has happened to me twice).

scottyb

That is excellent work. I really want to do the same but it is a bold and intimidating project in a very tight workspace. I know it is hidden from sight, but I can't stand the thought of such disorganization. Also, I can tell you from someone who installs utility pipelines, being able to isolate a leak is huge. Thanks for sharing. If and when I decide to clean mine up, I will no doubt be taking notes from this thread.

jejinks

I have finished. As I mentioned in previous post, it's not as "cleaned-up" as I had wanted but it is much better than when I started. In order to clean up completly, one would have to pull a lot of home runs in wiring (I did pull in plumbing piping). May be hard to tell from these photo's but see me at a rally and I can prove it to you.

Here's behind the curtain photo's

photo 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 6.jpgphoto 7.jpg

The following area probably could have had more work done, which I planned to do but after more thought deceided to leave the flex hoses in lieu of hard piping for future considerations.

photo 5.jpg

And when the curtain is closed

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 9.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nice work, Jeff. My only concern is your surge suppressor and the water lines w/elbows right next to the opening for the cable. I didn't do the extensive plumbing work that you've done, but I did remount my suppressor and converter to the side of the stair framing, where there are no water lines close enough to get to them.

View attachment 23427

dave10a

I also cleaned up the basement area to include extra batteries, water filter and softener. I also rerouted and secured the plumbing to minimize road vibration as well. I have prepared the trailer for a trip to Alaska from its stock form from Heartland, I simply didn't think to make the trip without worry about the trailer making it without incident. I guess Heartland does not think people will actually travel a lot especially on poor roads.

jejinks

Nice work, Jeff. My only concern is your surge suppressor and the water lines w/elbows right next to the opening for the cable. I didn't do the extensive plumbing work that you've done, but I did remount my suppressor and converter to the side of the stair framing, where there are no water lines close enough to get to them.

View attachment 23427

Good point. I have left enough slack that I may move that more away from the water lines. probably not right away however.