Water Manifold and Show Pricing

Wharton

OK. We are ready to order in the next month or so.

We went to the Richmond show and ended up with 2 questions.

1) A service guy at the show said that Heartland now has a manifold for the water in the 2011. Does anyone know if this is true? It would be one item off our critical to do ASAP list.

2) Show pricing: The guy we were talking to said he couldn't give us show pricing except at the show. The last time we bought a trailer at a show we were guaranteed show pricing for 6 months. Actually, I'm not sure if show pricing is a good deal or not. Does anyone have a feel for show pricing?

Thanks

Jellystone

In my past history of attending RV shows, show pricing is a gimmick used to pressure a potential customer. On every occasion i've gone "just to look", a salesperson has given me a "show" price w/out me even being overly interested in a particular unit & if you go back a couple of months later w/no RV show going on the price has always been lower than the show price. On one instance last summer when we were in the market for a new 5th wheel toyhauler we attended a certain RV show to check out a few units. One unit was on our short list & we were very interested in the model-of course they told us the once in a lifetime deal on the unit and quoted us the "show price". My wife looked in a drawer in the galley and low and behold there was a SALE PRICE card lying in it with a price $5000 lower than the quoted price. When she handed it to me I laughed out loud and showed the salesman the card and he squirmed a bit and started to make lame excuses. Needless to say, I will never darken the door of that dealership again and ultimately it helped us narrow our list and get our wonderful Heartland RV from a terrific/fantastic dealership by the name of Kent Mitchell RV. (great folks to do business with)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Its very expensive for a dealer to have units at an RV show. The cost at our local RV show this year started at $2500 so needless to say the dealer has to make up this cost somehow, as Jellystone gave a great example. Wharton - i'm not sure where you are in VA but I understand there is a good HL dealer in your state. You might also want to check out a couple of dealers in east TN - Rvs For Less (rvsforless.net) and Buddy Gregg in Knoxville (who carries HL toy haulers). Don't be pressured by show pricing.

robnmo

I agree with what the others have said, we had the same experience. We hit show after show for nearly 4 yrs before buying in Nov last year from a dealer. The dealer price was a few thousand less than what we saw at any show.........then the DW haggled a couple thousand below that even.

Wharton

We weren't planning to buy from this guy. He has a very poor reputation for service and as I said his prices were high. This was just more a curiosity question. VA hs at least 2 discounters, Chesapeake RV Solutions who we like a lot and have had good vibes from, RV Outlet near Danville and RVs for Less in Knoxville, TN. We have visited RVs for Less and Chesapeake RV Solutions. Liked both. We had decided to go to the show just to check out one more dealer and to get some answers to some outstanding questions.

It is interesting as we met 2 other couples who were doing the same thing we were. Just asking questions but going someplace else to buy.

PSF513

WHARTON: I bought a Bic Country from Chesapeake RV Solutions last year and have been very pleased with their knowledge and service. We are extremely pleased with our BC and we even volunteered to go to the Virginia Beach RV Show and spend the day talking to potential customers. It was a great experience. We were not sales people, just "happy campers" to answer questions. That said, good luck and I know you will enjoy whatever you decide to purchase.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I'm in the same "boat" as Pete. Went looking last year and bought a Landmark from Tim at Chesapeake RV Solutions. I made a very wise decision. Chesapeake RV Solutions has been fantastic to deal with. From the price of my unit to the service I've received since. It's well worth the time and effort to come talk to these folks. You won't regret it.

It's interesting to see that everyone, myself included, has talked about dealers and deals but no one has addressed your water manifold question. That's what I was looking at these posts to see an answer for. I didn't want to admit I'm dumb enough to not know what a water manifold is.

Wharton

Did either of you do a trade in with RV Solutions? If so, fair price?

Water Manifold-My understanding is that it is a valve system that all the water lines connect into so that you can turn each one off individually. We once had a frozen faucet in the RV(we are winter campers) and had to turn off all the water to the RV until we installed a new faucet. Bummer!!!!

klindgren

Wharton,

To specifically answer your question, no I did not trade. I had a 2007 SOB 5th wheel and Tim told me flat out, he would not be able to give me what I should be able to get for my SOB. Either that or he couldn't discount my Landmark as much as he did. He recommended trying to sell my unit on line which is exactly what I did. Advertised it in November and sold it in February (of course last year, I could sell it in February because we didn't have all this snow like we've had this year). The buyer paid for and picked up my SOB on one day, I was at Chesapeake RV Solutions the next, ordering my new Landmark.

Thanks for "enlightenment" on a water manifold. That would be a great thing to have especially if you camp in cold weather.

Keith

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Keith,

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/12784-Satellite-cable-Pex-Water-Fittings?p=94657
Here is a link to water mainfolds that used to be on the older Landmarks.

Alan had to find this for me, not sure why it wouldn't pull up on my search.

Anyway, look at post #21. And I think Terry (trdeal) might have this set up. If so he will be at the OBX rally with you.

Dont bother calling HL parts dept. They dont know what part this part is. I also cant find Plumb Port when I google it but there are alot of mainfolds out there. I was hoping to buy this manifold that HL used because I like the looks of it-but they can't identify the part or part number.

klindgren

Thanks Larry. It's very interesting. I had just never heard of it before. Good to be enlightened.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Here is a photo of the water manifold that is on our 2007 Landmark. BTW I just had to replace the cold water one as it broke at the bottom (cracked in two) causing the water to flow out. I had to order another from Heartland Parts. The overnighted it to me and I replaced it without any problems. Thanks again Heartland.

Attachments

• cold 1.jpg
    cold 1.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 43
  • hot.jpg
    hot.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 43

Wharton

I guess we will install our own. Do you know what brand the HL one is? I agree with Larry, it looks nice.

We have begun emailing dealers for a price on a new Heartland. One came back already, missed a few items but we will go back and forth for a few days, don't want to appear too ready to buy.

We asked for everything on our wish list(worst case is no-can-do). Was surprised by some of the things factory can do that aren't documented anyplace: 3.75" brakes, never lube bearings, Good Year tires(614). Maybe upgrade to larger rfrg without ice maker(checking on that).

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Here is a photo of the water manifold that is on our 2007 Landmark. BTW I just had to replace the cold water one as it broke at the bottom (cracked in two) causing the water to flow out. I had to order another from Heartland Parts. The overnighted it to me and I replaced it without any problems. Thanks again Heartland.

Jim,
who did you talk with at HL parts? or better yet do you have the part number? After a couple of emails, Tammy in the parts dept. emailed and could not identify the part.
I am sure the part number will help.