Water Pressure

CRMungle

I have a 2014 Bighorn 3010RE. Does anyone know the maximum water pressure I can use? The owners manual states nothing over 65psi. The fitting where the water hose hooks into states 100psi maximum. Any ideas?
Categories Uncategorized

Lynn1130

Stick to 65 or below. My regulator is set to 60. While the line will probably take 100, you don't need it and burst lines are not fun and not covered by warranty if found to be cause by overpressure.

DocFather

I keep mine at 58psi. I also removed the water saver restrictors in the Shower hose and bathroom sink aerator. I have hair down to my butt and I can shampoo with ease with the flow I have.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have our regulator set at 50 psi. I know that might be a little low for some folks but we have not gone behind the basement walls to verify the coupling are fitted correctly and tight.

brianharrison

I have hair down to my butt and I can shampoo with ease with the flow I have.

I do as well, unfortunately as I have grown older, it is has switched from head hair to back hair....:)

Sorry - could not resist making a smart *** comment.... No offense meant...... :)

Brian

I limit my water pressure to less than 50psi (adjustable high flow regulator like this). The water lines are rated higher of course, but I worry about my PEX fittings being the weak point.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You house regulator is set at 40#.....well that is if you have one. Why would you need more pressure than 50#? Get an adjustable regulator and you are set to go. You can remove all the restrictors in the faucets and shower head.

Last edited:

wdk450

Several of us have had bad experiences with the black tank flusher atmospheric breaker valve blowing apart due to high water pressure, and flooding the utilities compartment. Use a water pressure regulator to be safe, and turn off the water supply when you are away for the day.

DesertThumper

I keep mine at 58psi. I also removed the water saver restrictors in the Shower hose and bathroom sink aerator. I have hair down to my butt and I can shampoo with ease with the flow I have.

This is something I need to try out by removing the restrictors. Could you tell me where on the hose I should look for as well as the sinks?