We Have To Go..........

Uncle Rog

Since we are beat out of going to Vegas at the end of the month "she" decided that enough is enough and we are headed out Wed for Pismo.......
We are staying two days at the Flying Flags park in Buellton.......

http://www.flyingflags.com/

Friday we head uo to the Pismo Coast Village resort for a few more days.........

http://www.pismocoastvillage.com/contactus.html

For some reason the script has turned blue and it is underlined?

Anyway, we are head'n out!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We spent two weeks at Flying Flags last year and really liked it. This year their prices went sky high, but we were going to go again anyway. That trip got canceled though so I don't know what the prices ended up actually going up to (they were still in the planning phase for this year when we made our reservations).

It may be hot there during the day but the evening breeze does a great job of cooling everything down.

Have fun.
Kristy

Uncle Rog

You are right about the rates, highest we have ever paid. With the 50a service and dual AC's we should be cool enough. Thanks for the info..............

Forrest Fetherolf

Rog,

Anderson Split Pea Soup is 1 block north of Flying Flags. A shuttle stops frequently at Flying Flags main entrance, if you don't get off in Solvang you can make the loop through the country and circle back to downtown for about $2.50 ea. Ask the shuttle driver for details.

I am still mad at you for not coming to the Vegas Rally.:mad:

Forrest

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
There is also a little pancake house in downtown Solvang that serves the BEST fresh strawberry pancakes! I think its called Aunt Mattie's or something like that. It has outside seating in front, a counter inside the front door and the small restaurant seating section. A definite "must try" place!!!

Anderson's is OK, but for breakfast go on into Solvang.

Kristy

DennisZ

Roger

I just got home from 4 nights at Pismo Coast, Really nice park, the temps were 74 for the high to 53 for the low. Make sure you bring fire wood, every site has a fire pit.

Dennis

Uncle Rog

DZ, we are good on the firewood. We have landed right in the middle of a RV liquidation sale here in Buellton. HL and SOB's every where! There is a Landmark in the camp ground hooked up, I will look them up later. I will take a picture, there is a North Trail, BC, three Horns and LM all in a row..............

Uncle Rog

We made it back, not too much worse for the wear, great trip! Buellton was great, cool and nice, Pismo was even better, 60's for the most part with lots of sun. It was 90+ when we left home, the highs there were the lows here..........
On a sad note, the sacred wash tub fire pit burned out in Buellton..........15+ years of great service but the old girl gave up the ghost and we had to leave her in a dumpster at Flying Flags..........On an up beat note, there was an appliance shop a block away from the CG and we now have a new stainless steel unit, once I get to the muffler shop it should be good for many years to come..............You have to add legs and handles to keep things manageable................
This was disappointing, there was a BH 3055 #9694, I think, in the park and got a hand shake from the driver and told them about the forum, I guess I scared them off. I drink you know. We never got to sit down and trade BH stories, I really wanted to tell 'em about the ChiCom bombs they were on and the TPMS systems, oh well, Happy Trails!
I will post some boring pictures later............................

Shadowchek

Sorry to hear about you fire pit. I just gave a recently aquired stainless wash tub a week long test run in the sierra nevada mountains this past week. It worked good but I am kind of partial to my old porcelin lined one. It may just be sentimental I have had it for about 7 years now. No one will get the stainless one from me though it will be next in line. I just put some bricks under mine. It is a little easier to haul around that way. Everyone has there own way that's what keep us thinking.

Greg