We ordered our Cyclone 4200 yesterday!!!

Duramax/Allison I hope. A 2005 3500 even with the D/A and 4:10 gears. Will be iffy at best to be legal. I think the last time I looked, the 4200 has a GVW of 19000K.

Yes, it's a Duramax/Allison. Turbocharged, external engine cooler/heavy duty air to oil. The suspension package: handling/trailering/heavyduty/includes 36 mm piston monotube shocks. We have the Western Hauler Package on it. I'm not sure if what I listed matters or not. :) Dry weight of Cyclone 4200 is 15,725. GVWR 20,000.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice unit - I really like the rear deck ladder and BBQ - nice option.
Now the waiting begins.

Have Fun

Jim

Thank you! That is one of the options we are not getting. We wanted to keep our decks more private. It's nice to have the option though! :)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Not to be a wet blanket, if you check the GVWR of your truck, I bet it is 23500#. Your truck weighs in about 7K and the GVW of the CY is 20K. So that puts you over "legal" weight about 4K. Nothing you can do to YOUR truck will make it legal. I bet the salesman told you that you are good to go with your truck. They lie to make a sale.

Not to be a wet blanket, if you check the GVWR of your truck, I bet it is 23500#. Your truck weighs in about 7K and the GVW of the CY is 20K. So that puts you over "legal" weight about 4K. Nothing you can do to YOUR truck will make it legal. I bet the salesman told you that you are good to go with your truck. They lie to make a sale.

Thanks for the heads up, Bob! I'll definitely check it out further. Which years do you recommend for towing it?

Nbomar

What breed dogs are those Scotty? They look like big Yorkie mixes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Any of the big 3 350/3500 built after 2011. My 2013 GMC (see sig) is rated at 22500# for a 5er. 30500# GCWR...because of 4WD. 2WD is 31000#. If I was pulling a 5er with a GVW of 20K...I would opt for a 450 or a used MDT. That CY weighs more than a 1/2 loaded 53" semi trailer. Remember, you can pull it...but can you stop it. Nothing is worth your families safety and other people on the road with you. Just an old guy thinking out loud. Good luck and enjoy you new CY.