Weatherstrip - Kitchen slide

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
I need help...we have a 2015 BH 3685RL which we love. One draw back, the top body weatherstrip that runs across the body above the kitchen slide comes out and comes towards the front of the unit while the slide is closed and being towed at highway speeds. I had it back to my dealer at the end of the season last year, well we just came back from camping three hours away in Delaware and what do you know...we had 18" of weatherstrip flapping in the wind. Any suggestions? We have tried caulk/silicone, it keeps on coming out. I'm hesitate to put a screw in my Big Horn...lets hear what you think.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have had the same issue with my Bighorn.
The bulb seal that is coming out is slid in on a track and screwed on each end. If the dealer did not slide it in properly or put the screws in it will come out.
When I repaired mine I also caulked the seal to the track it is in. I put about 15 inches of caulk there.
Also I would never use silicone as caulk.

Peace
Dave

mlpeloquin

I need help...we have a 2015 BH 3685RL which we love. One draw back, the top body weatherstrip that runs across the body above the kitchen slide comes out and comes towards the front of the unit while the slide is closed and being towed at highway speeds. I had it back to my dealer at the end of the season last year, well we just came back from camping three hours away in Delaware and what do you know...we had 18" of weatherstrip flapping in the wind. Any suggestions? We have tried caulk/silicone, it keeps on coming out. I'm hesitate to put a screw in my Big Horn...lets hear what you think.

My big slide seal did the same thing. While at the nations rally in Goshen last year we took advantage and had a Heartland tech come out to fix it. He replace the entire seal and then screwed, with a washer and sealant, the ends down. The screws are about centered about 3/4" in from the ends. He said that if I didn't have slide toppers, he would have caulked the entire length at the top. and bottom along the seal edges.