Weight in UDC?

Steadfast

I haven't seen this discussed before, so I though a new post was in order. How much weight do you suppose the floor of the UDC would carry going down the road? We have just acquired a new water softener and the UDC space would be perfect for it. The only problem is that it weighs 35lbs. We have a 2011 3670RL. Thanks.

danemayer

Hi Steadfast,

I'm having a little trouble picturing a 35 pound water softener fitting into the UDC, sitting on the floor, without making it difficult to remove the disc that lets you feed hoses and cables into the UDC.

Steadfast

Hi Steadfast,

I'm having a little trouble picturing a 35 pound water softener fitting into the UDC, sitting on the floor, without making it difficult to remove the disc that lets you feed hoses and cables into the UDC.
This is while going down the road only. When stopped the water softener is taken outside and the hoses are then connected to the UDC.

danemayer

I don't know if I'd trust the floor alone. Maybe you could strap it so the weight is shared with the side wall of the UDC and it can't bounce up and down.

boatdoc

I used to carry the water softener in the UDC but the floor in our '09 3670 was covered wood not the plastic that I think they have now.

RoadJunkie

You could suspend the WS tank from the ceiling of the UDC to share the load (add a backing plate). Also be sure to empty the water to reduce weight. I just strap mine in the basement with other "stuff".