Welcome CheapHeat (RV Comfort System)

CheapHeat

HOC Vendor Partner
Hello Heartlanders,

This is Larry McGaugh. I've known Jim Beletti for a number of years now, I've supported the Heartland Owners Club in the past and I'm quite excited to have been recently invited by Jim to become a Heartland Owners Club Vendor Partner.

I'm also excited to have this special place on the Heartland Owners Forum to discuss CheapHeat product with you.

I expect to have a Heartland Owners Club Member discount established and ready for use in the next couple of weeks. When that is complete, Jim's team will create the official flyer for this partnership and get it and other details posted to this thread.

In the meantime, I look forward to answering any questions you may have now or down the road. Feel free to create your own New Thread in the CheapHeat sub-forum so your questions don't get lost in this introduction thread.

Best regards,

Larry McGaugh
Inventor / Owner, CheapHeat (RV Comfort Systems)

We are very pleased to announce the latest addition to the Heartland Owners Club Vendor Partnership program - please join me in welcoming CheapHeat (RV Comfort System) and their inventor, Larry McGaugh.

In the coming weeks, we'll list here:
- Everyday Club Member Discount level on CheapHeat product
- Discount code
- Link to their website
- HOC flyer

Attachments

• 3D Logo Green.jpg
    3D Logo Green.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 63

porthole

Retired
In the meantime, I look forward to answering any questions you may have now or down the road. Feel free to create your own New Thread in the CheapHeat sub-forum so your questions don't get lost in this introduction thread.

Welcome Larry

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome Larry :) We have had 3 CheapHeat units on our last 3 campers and would do it again if we trade. Best investment we have ever done.

DebiMac

This is wonderful news, Larry and Heartland! We are huge Cheap Heat fans! We’ve experienced cold weather without it and with it...no comparison! It’s much warmer even at the same temperature setting...and one doesn’t have to get propane refilled every other day! We won’t own another RV without it!

Please be sure to include the 30/50 amp option in the discount!

Thank you to everyone who was involved in making this happen! We love it!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Welcome Larry and Cheap Heat. You can add us to the list of very satisfied customers that will never own another RV without it.

CheapHeat

HOC Vendor Partner
Tech-Talk

Tech-Talk
Will the CheapHeat provide enough heat on a cold day?
When talking about heat output, remember that a gas furnace is only 60% efficient, 40% of the heat goes out the flue. But an Electric heater has no flue so its 100% efficient. So this means a 40,000 btu furnace has only 24,000 btu output.
Additionally a gas furnace has a 60 sec pre-purge cycle and a 90 sec post-purge cycle. Which means that for every heating cycle there is 2 1/2 minutes of run time with no flame (heat). After taking into consideration the 2 1/2 minutes of no fire each heat cycle, along with the efficiency issues your true output into the coach with a 40,000 btu gas furnace is about 20,000 btu when measured at the register.
The 100% efficient CheapHeat™ DH50 has a true 17,500 btu output to the register (Add-On or Stand-A-Lone) or just under 90% of a 40,000 Btu gas furnace output.

Don't for get to take advantage of our owners club discount. Follow this link
Tech-Talk.jpg

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We finally have our CheapHeat system installed and running well, we’ve had numerous cold snaps and below 40* nights since it’s install around Thanksgiving. It’s unique in that the temperature of the air from the vents is not as hot as gas, but it gradually warms the room better and the feel of the room temperature stays more consistent between cycles of the thermostat.

I love it!

Since we are fulltime but stationary and pay for our electric, I’ll have to see how it compares to our previous propane expenses over the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I should read the forum a little more often.
I purchased my Cheap Heat system a few months ago and did not know about a HOC discount and paid the full price.
Lesson learned, read, read, read and ask, ask, ask.
Larry has been very good to answer any questions that i have.
I had plans to have it installed at the Regional TX rally but since that fell thru because of the virus I believe I will just install it myself.
After all I'm sitting at home (observing the virus guidelines) with lots of time on my hands.
I may be asking Larry and others here on this forum questions if i run into a problem..

jbeletti

I guess I should read the forum a little more often.
I purchased my Cheap Heat system a few months ago and did not know about a HOC discount and paid the full price.
Lesson learned, read, read, read and ask, ask, ask.
Larry has been very good to answer any questions that i have.
I had plans to have it installed at the Regional TX rally but since that fell thru because of the virus I believe I will just install it myself.
After all I'm sitting at home (observing the virus guidelines) with lots of time on my hands.
I may be asking Larry and others here on this forum questions if i run into a problem..

Mark - I wish we were nearby - I'd help you do this. Some tips...

1. Read the directions. Know they may cover different furnace brands and models, so it can look more complicated than it really is.
  2. Have Larry's number handy
  3. Do it over a couple day period, breaking the work down into functional pieces (duct work, electrical work, mounting control box and disconnect)
  4. Be near a Lowes or Home Depot as you'll need some parts (disconnect cabinet*, breakers for cabinet, electrical connectors, high-temp silver/foil tape, a length of flexible metal duct, one or more duct splices, two or more large screw clamps for duct splices)
  5. When it's time to do the control wiring to the furnace, remove the outside panel from the furnace, from the utility bay (behind the wall), push the furnace wiring outside. Do all the control wiring while standing upright, outside (thank me later for this)
  6. When making your control wire connections from Cheap Heat to the furnace control wiring, use wire nuts at first, until you've tested operation. Then use something more permanent. I like nylon crimp caps. If you make a wiring error at first (or at second etc), you'll be glad you used wire nuts to start out :) Don't ask me how I know this :)
  7. Take your time
* If you have a double breaker spot open in your AC breaker panel, if you want, you can install a double-pole breaker there and pull power for Cheap Heat from them in place of buying a separate disconnect cabinet.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mark - I wish we were nearby - I'd help you do this. Some tips...

1. Read the directions. Know they may cover different furnace brands and models, so it can look more complicated than it really is.
  2. Have Larry's number handy
  3. Do it over a couple day period, breaking the work down into functional pieces (duct work, electrical work, mounting control box and disconnect)
  4. Be near a Lowes or Home Depot as you'll need some parts (disconnect cabinet*, breakers for cabinet, electrical connectors, high-temp silver/foil tape, a length of flexible metal duct, one or more duct splices, two or more large screw clamps for duct splices)
  5. When it's time to do the control wiring to the furnace, remove the outside panel from the furnace, from the utility bay (behind the wall), push the furnace wiring outside. Do all the control wiring while standing upright, outside (thank me later for this)
  6. When making your control wire connections from Cheap Heat to the furnace control wiring, use wire nuts at first, until you've tested operation. Then use something more permanent. I like nylon crimp caps. If you make a wiring error at first (or at second etc), you'll be glad you used wire nuts to start out :) Don't ask me how I know this :)
  7. Take your time
* If you have a double breaker spot open in your AC breaker panel, if you want, you can install a double-pole breaker there and pull power for Cheap Heat from them in place of buying a separate disconnect cabinet.

Great advice, Jim! Glad we were not the only ones that had a few “trial and error” moments on the install.

We lucked out with a spot in our breaker box to add the breaker.

ca7aa04d88a3952a5cdab103d3aebde5.jpg

c4ef99780d6bb1ee618e53101b1b728c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jim.
Your info and directions are greatly appreciated.
just waiting for a warmer day to pull the basement wall and take a look inside.
Going thru a cold snap here in Missouri this week.
Thanks

porthole

Retired

Double pole breaker, not a double breaker.

Yea. That’s what I thought.
Still not sure what the difference is between double breaker and double pole.
I thought they were the same thing.
thanks

Dahillbilly

Yea. That’s what I thought.
Still not sure what the difference is between double breaker and double pole.
I thought they were the same thing.
thanks

The picture in post #18 is a double pole 30 amp breaker. A double breaker consist of two circuits of 110 volts each in same space as a single pole breaker. It has two smaller levers & two screws to attach wires to. Just a way to add more circuits in a circuit breaker panel.