West Texas -- Possible Campout Sept 30 - Oct 2 2016

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
All,

Tony's schedule has a break in his busy work schedule where we could do a possible Heartland Camp-Out. A Camp-Out, as opposed to a Rally, is less formal. Usually not a lot planned. Just folks getting together to visit, and enjoy the location.

The date we have available is Sept 30th - Oct 2nd.

We would need it to be close to us, as Tony still has to work on Friday, so we are thinking possibly Brownwood State Park near Brownwood, TX, or maybe a private park near Abilene, TX. Neither of these locations will have a rally hall, but we can work around that... and we have some good ideas for eating out together.

I know many of you will already be trekking to the National Rally in Las Vegas, but for those that are nearby, or passing through Texas, would you be interested??

Please let me know ASAP, so we can make some plans/reservations!

Erika

Ted_Dee

Erika, we are leaving for Illinois on Saturday and will be back on the 17th. Brownwood State Park sounds good.

TravelTiger

Erika, we are leaving for Illinois on Saturday and will be back on the 17th. Brownwood State Park sounds good.

Great!

We made reservations at Lake Brownwood State Park yesterday for us. They had 9 spots available in the Council Bluff area (full hookups).

I'll make an official CampOut post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Sorry we'll miss it but we'll be in Utah and getting ready for the Vegas rally.

Have fun!

TravelTiger

Sorry we'll miss it but we'll be in Utah and getting ready for the Vegas rally.

Have fun!

Jay, I understand many of "the usual suspects" will be headed to points west and ultimately the National Rally. We planned this only because Tony had a Friday night off, and we wanted to get away. We knew there would be some owners/club members not making the trek, so since it's short notice, decided a campout would fit the bill.

It's now posted here:

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...od-9-30-2016-to-10-2-2016?p=505418#post505418

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Erika, I understand that you have to take advantage of any times available to you, I just wish I could be there to suport you and join in on the fun.

TravelTiger

Erika, I understand that you have to take advantage of any times available to you, I just wish I could be there to suport you and join in on the fun.

Like the all-you-can-eat cobbler (3 kinds!) at Underwood's....?

avvidclif

We also already have plans for that weekend. What day are you arriving for the Canton Rally. We might could stop by and say hi.

TravelTiger

We also already have plans for that weekend. What day are you arriving for the Canton Rally. We might could stop by and say hi.

Cliff, we are going to the rally without our 5ver. We will arrive on Saturday, hoping to make it to the ExploreUSA lunch Saturday and stay until the end of festivities Saturday night.

Would love to see you guys! Come on out!!

TravelTiger

Cliff are you talking about during the NTX rally or our campout? You need to change plans and come to Lake Brownwood.

avvidclif

Cliff are you talking about during the NTX rally or our campout? You need to change plans and come to Lake Brownwood.

The NTX Rally conflicts with the North Texas Camping Assc gathering. Reservations were made before the Rally was announced. On your gathering at the End of Sept I have a business related flea market to attend in Belton and Millie has a VFW function in Houston. We won't even be in the same place.

We'll hook up one day. Be safe...

TravelTiger

The NTX Rally conflicts with the North Texas Camping Assc gathering. Reservations were made before the Rally was announced. On your gathering at the End of Sept I have a business related flea market to attend in Belton and Millie has a VFW function in Houston. We won't even be in the same place.

We'll hook up one day. Be safe...

Awww, ok. Well, we'll be in Terrell for Labor Day weekend! Bluebonnet Ridge RV Park.

HornedToad

Erika, I just wish I could be there to suport you and join in on the fun.

X2... DW has a big event scheduled that week and I now I'll be busy harvesting honeydews. Ya'll have fun!!!