Wet awning after rain season

KyleC

Just unrolled the awning after a month of rainy weather. water was dripping off of it and there was lines everywhere the roll was rolled up. Like every foot or so there is a line all the way across it. I'm sure it's going to come off with a magic eraser.

Thinking about some things some of that waterproof aerosol people spray on shoes. Any thoughts on this or a better idea? I figured that when it's rolled up its just collecting water and its just saturating through.

2017 Pathfinder SL towing Heartland Prowler "lynx" 25lx
1407c232ed716f50d002046d1bdef4c5.jpg

rhodies1

Mix up some bleach and water,spray the awning entirely and roll up for an hour or so,then unroll and use your wash brush with dawn soap.It should come clean like new.

KyleC

Genius! Now the next step is how can I waterproof it while it's rolled up?

CDN

B and B
Genius! Now the next step is how can I waterproof it while it's rolled up?

I would not do that. The awning is Vinyl likely won't take a spray. Just keep it clean and dry it when you can. My awnings have collected water when parked all winter. I just hose it off and clean it in the spring again. Had this on 4 travel trailers and 2 fifth wheels and 1 park model.

There is Camco awning cleaner as well, bleach works the best as you found out.

KyleC

Good enough for me! I was just surprised to see the amount of water that poured out when I unrolled it this evening.

justafordguy

Mine has water in it every time I unroll it. I guess it gets in there when raining but can't get back out.