Wet carpet

GoinNorth

I'm chasing down yet another leak. I've done well locating all of the past ones, but I'm having trouble with this one. The carpet on the coach floor is what is wet. Not the top layer of carpet in the slide, but the small strip on the actual floor. When the slide is in, the floor carpet is getting damp but nothing else- not the slide carpet, wall, ceiling, window, couch, or any other part of the floor if that makes sense. At first I thought maybe just a folded over seal, but everything looks fine. Anyone had this issue that can help troubleshoot? Thx guys, 285 BHS Caliber

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'm chasing down yet another leak. I've done well locating all of the past ones, but I'm having trouble with this one. The carpet on the coach floor is what is wet. Not the top layer of carpet in the slide, but the small strip on the actual floor. When the slide is in, the floor carpet is getting damp but nothing else- not the slide carpet, wall, ceiling, window, couch, or any other part of the floor if that makes sense. At first I thought maybe just a folded over seal, but everything looks fine. Anyone had this issue that can help troubleshoot? Thx guys, 285 BHS Caliber

There have been problems reported in the past with the bottom corner seals not seating properly (or missing) when the slide is retracted and road wash getting tossed inside. The seal looks like a big strip of black foam rubber attached under the slide opening. Sorry, no photo for that.

GoinNorth

Thanks John, I'm thinking that's it, as I just noticed that with the slide in, That bottom flap is tucked in, in a couple spots!