What did you do to your camper today?

SNOKING

Vinyl? All along I thought the pictures of you doing this were of real tile? No??

Stick on vinyl. Sorry!!!

teddy-i-sorry-1676322.jpg

MCTalley

We needed a little more storage for larger kitchen items such as our Instant Pot. We bought this pre-fab 18 x 12 x 30 inch kitchen wall cabinet from The Home Depot and set it at the end of our island. The stain color and cabinet door pattern are both pretty close matches to our existing cabinetry. We're looking at putting a top on it since it is unfinished - probably a 12" x 18" cutting board.

i-8KW3mLB-L.jpg

jbeletti

Nice fit and match Malcolm. May want to create a toe kick for it too. Easier to open, gets it higher too and can still fit a top on it.

Bones

I agree Malcom. looks good. do what Jim said. and if you want to get a top close to yours take a look at this place Solid Surface Countertops. I haven't purchased anything from them but I have been looking. Did you have to move your heating vent?

MCTalley

Thanks, guys. I'll look at a little toe kick. The reason I haven't done so yet is that there is a switch for the LED undercounter lights that the cabinet clears now but would not with a toe-kick and a top. I'm not beyond relocating the switch, though.

The door clears the carpet as-is. I did not have to move the vent - the bottom of the cabinet fits just behind the vent cover. Also, that is a replacement vent with closable shutters. When partially opened, the air is directed back and away from the cabinet.

I'll post pictures as it develops.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We needed a little more storage for larger kitchen items such as our Instant Pot. We bought this pre-fab 18 x 12 x 30 inch kitchen wall cabinet from The Home Depot and set it at the end of our island. The stain color and cabinet door pattern are both pretty close matches to our existing cabinetry. We're looking at putting a top on it since it is unfinished - probably a 12" x 18" cutting board.

i-8KW3mLB-L.jpg

Looking good!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ok - after living in our Key Largo for over 2 years, I was about fed up with the bottom cabinet door in the bathroom. It was about useless opening it up wide enough to put something in the cabinet because it would hit the toilet, narrowing the opening space. Solution - cut the door in half and put a piano hinge on it so that it would open up past the toilet. While I was at the Chattanooga RV Show this past weekend, Nathan fixed it as a surprise for me. YEAH.
BR cabinet closed.jpg OK the program is crazy again but you can see the cabinet closed.
BR cabinet open.jpg Open
Now Byrd is a happy camper.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok - after living in our Key Largo for over 2 years, I was about fed up with the bottom cabinet door in the bathroom. It was about useless opening it up wide enough to put something in the cabinet because it would hit the toilet, narrowing the opening space. Solution - cut the door in half and put a piano hinge on it so that it would open up past the toilet. While I was at the Chattanooga RV Show this past weekend, Nathan fixed it as a surprise for me. YEAH.
View attachment 49457 OK the program is crazy again but you can see the cabinet closed.
View attachment 49458 Open
Now Byrd is a happy camper.

Wow, awesome! Great mod! Heartland, take note!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Installed Glow Step Revolution steps yesterday. Easy job and what a difference.

Who hoo! Always like hearing that. I don't benefit at all, but I like to see others adopting these steps. To me, it's almost as good as level-up, in the improvement to the user experience.

TravelTiger

Today it was in the low 70s, so we finally replaced the old Antenna Tek with a King Jack antenna -- not just the head, the whole antenna. We wanted the convenience of not having to crank the antenna up/down, and have a built in signal meter.

It works, but realized we can't get a few stations we could before at our current location. :(

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Today it was in the low 70s, so we finally replaced the old Antenna Tek with a King Jack antenna -- not just the head, the whole antenna. We wanted the convenience of not having to crank the antenna up/down, and have a built in signal meter.

It works, but realized we can't get a few stations we could before at our current location. :(

You should get lots more stations than you did with the Batwing.

I've found with mine (mounted on the Batwing mast) that once I've located and scanned the direction of the antenna that if I re-aim the antenna a little bit in different directions that I can find some other stations, even without having to scan the TV in those directions.

I've also read that since the complete Jack antenna sits low to the roof, often AC units and other things up on the roof can block TV signals.

ProwlerMaxxAirFrontDoneStorm-P1010871.jpg ProwlerMaxxAirBRdone-P1010892.jpg

TravelTiger

You should get lots more stations than you did with the Batwing.

I've also read that since the complete Jack antenna sits low to the roof, often AC units and other things up on the roof can block TV reception.

Nothing blocking antenna.

We did get far more stations than with the batwing, but not the stations we wanted. We did adjust and got less of the others but still missing two of the major networks. We are 60+ miles from the nearest broadcast towers.