What did you do to your camper today?

jrdelung

If your trailer does not have Correct Track, adding that will raise the trailer a couple inches. http://www.lci1.com/correct-track-ii Chris
I will look into that... Thanks!

This is as low as I can get the front of the trailer. It's way better now.

New pic:

1d14212fb9ee7e5fc5252dfd5d71edc5.jpg

jrdelung

Jim,

In this picture, the trailer seems to be riding nose high by a significant amount. We're having a debate on another thread about to what extent this might cause damage to the suspension because of weight being shifted to the rear axle. You might want to see if you can adjust the hitch and/or pin box to get the nose level. Measure the distance between frame and ground at front and back on a level surface.
I lowered the hitch to bottom level in my truck. The bolts have one more spot on the trailer, but it will rub electronics (in turns) if it sits only couple inches further in the bed. I definitely feel much better about the balance now.

New pic below:

Thanks!
6bc55470e6ae9eb4a3bd1aba6cd7eb77.jpg

Bones

I lowered the hitch to bottom level in my truck. The bolts have one more spot on the trailer, but it will rub electronics (in turns) if it sits only couple inches further in the bed. I definitely feel much better about the balance now.

New pic below:

Thanks!
6bc55470e6ae9eb4a3bd1aba6cd7eb77.jpg

I would say you are pretty darn close. If your looking to get more height I would look closely at the trailer springs and see if they have sagged over time.

_OZ_

I installed a battery powered wireless doorbell. I just like it better than someone knocking on the door.

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Had new power reclining theater seat delivered today. So comfortable!
c005e378990b07d811bee2809707b3ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well I installed new water pump and filters yesterday. All back to normal now. Lol

pegmikef

Reminder Everybody! If you have not checked the water level in your batteries lately (or ever) you should probably do so now. I had topped mine off just before our Las Vegas journey in the fall, but checked them today before I put the boxes back together (off because of my recent hydraulic line repair). I was very surprised to find that each battery was down almost a full quart of water (just under four cups). I usually try to check them at least once every six months and this has always proven adequate so I don't know why they were down so much in just four months.

Rollin_Free

With temps going up in higher 30's I'm look out my patio door at the snow melting off the roof top and it looks ready to go. Oh but wait gonna have a drop this weekend and more snow so I guess she's going to get covered again. I'm thinking I'm going to have to start going south for a few months in the near future.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our rig did not come with shelves under the windows in the bedroom. I had some shelves I used in the previous rig, but with our cell phones getting larger, they would get knocked off the shelf in the night sometimes.

So, I happened to be in Target, and found these. I used multiple large command strips to attach them to the wall, and with the lip, they hold contents on the shelf so they don't get knocked off.

I chose to position the shelf back against the back wall, so items can't get pushed off into the corner. It's not balanced under the window, but that also makes sure you don't hit the corner getting in/out of bed.

ed00ffc779c566ed1a3680b7b3068bde.jpg

24ef89edc199d8077e1f9db309eebd18.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Ours came with shelves. Took my side down. Kept hitting it when rolling over during the night

jayc

Legendary Member
I installed my Glowstep Revolution stairs. Took less than 2 hours to do. Love 'em !