What did you do to your camper today?

HornedToad

I have followed several different threads on this forum about issues with the 50 amp auto reset circuit breaker on the Level Up. I've had this problem since day one but since I knew what was going on I tolerated it. Over time it seams to have only gotten worse and last season it would probably take me about a dozen cycles, with a ten second rest for the breaker to reset, to raise or lower the jacks.

I went to get the trailer out of storage this weekend, after I hooked up I was only able to raise the front jacks a few inches before the breaker tripped and it would not reset.

The value of this forum is that I knew exactly what the problem was and was able to buy a new breaker at the auto parts store for $6 and replace it myself in 15 minutes and be on my way!!!

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Nice cabinet drawer work John!

Jim, I think this would make for a nice standard from the factory, particularly on the bottom cabs. Making the drawers was way easier than installing them because I had to build some strength to the luan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SNOKING

DW told me something​ happen to the three panel shower door, and showed me a roller that came flying out.

What a b1tch to get it back on. This roller rides on the inter track on the inside of the upper rail on the shower side. I was able to pop off the clip on the end on the track so I could side the two outer panel past the inter panel. Got the roller snapped back in the track and then after a lot of difficult messing around I was able to get the screw back in with hopefully enough blue loc tight still on it to keep it from backing out again.

Had to use a short philips bit and turn it with a wrench while also pushing into the screw. Going to have to watch it. Chris

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yesterday (Monday) I installed our new Oxygenics shower head (can't wait to try it out) and I topped off the water in the battery.

Thursday I plan to install the GlowSteps.

dlw930

Yesterday (Monday) I installed our new Oxygenics shower head (can't wait to try it out) and I topped off the water in the battery.

We love our Oxygenics shower head. I'm sure you will too. Thanks for the reminder to check my battery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piperflyer

Changed WH Anode

Changed the anode on my suburban water heater today. It was about 70% gone after 16 months of full timing it. It saw a lot of different water through it in it's lifetime. The water doesn't feel has hot to me after I changed it .... hope nothing is going bad with the heater.

SNOKING

Re: Changed WH Anode

Changed the anode on my suburban water heater today. It was about 70% gone after 16 months of full timing it. It saw a lot of different water through it in it's lifetime. The water doesn't feel has hot to me after I changed it .... hope nothing is going bad with the heater.

If you left it on while cleaning it, you burned out the element. Chris

Nuclearcowboy

We love our Oxygenics shower head. I'm sure you will too. Thanks for the reminder to check my battery!

We installed an Oxygenics shower head in our unit and bummer...it really was too high in the shower to use. Didn't want to try to relocate the holder to lower it.

- - - Updated - - -

If your anode was that bad, it is quite likely that your heating element is also severely corroded. I would replace it.

dlw930

We installed an Oxygenics shower head in our unit and bummer...it really was too high in the shower to use. Didn't want to try to relocate the holder to lower it.

- - - Updated - - -

If your anode was that bad, it is quite likely that your heating element is also severely corroded. I would replace it.

Oxygenics makes a number of different models.
The one we got was a perfect fit for the original holder. Too bad yours didn't work out.

If you have the right socket size, it's fairly easy to remove and inspect the heating element. If there's any visible pitting or corrosion whatsoever, the element is shot and will need to be replaced. Note that the replacement element should be the same wattage as the old one.

CDN

B and B
I finished the end of cleaning out the Rockwood. Took my In Motion Fusion Camera off to put on the Bighorn. Also removed our flagpole brackets

10 degrees F is too cold!!

Here is hoping March 25th is snow free!!

brianlajoie

I finished the end of cleaning out the Rockwood. Took my In Motion Fusion Camera off to put on the Bighorn. Also removed our flagpole brackets

10 degrees F is too cold!!

Here is hoping March 25th is snow free!!

It was 77 degrees today in Denver. I had to break out the shorts!

JohnD

We installed an Oxygenics shower head in our unit and bummer...it really was too high in the shower to use.

Didn't want to try to relocate the holder to lower it.

I tried to use the original holder, but like yours, it hit the ceiling.

I took the original holder off and there were three screw holes drilled, so I caulked them all and then used one of the lower existing holes for the top screw of the new holder, then drilled and caulked a new hole, which lowered the shower head about an inch.

Enough to clear the ceiling.

Tomorrow I plan on installing the GlowSteps.

JohnD

I tried to use the original holder, but like yours, it hit the ceiling.

I took the original holder off and there were three screw holes drilled, so I caulked them all and then used one of the lower existing holes for the top screw of the new holder, then drilled and caulked a new hole, which lowered the shower head about an inch.

Enough to clear the ceiling.

Here is a shot of our Oxygenics install:

ProwlerOxyShwrHead-P3160573.jpg

Tomorrow I plan on installing the GlowSteps.

Well, I got the GlowSteps installed today and they are AWESOME!

The actual install took me about two hours (did it all by my lonesome), but figuring things out, prepping and reading the instructions I had about three and a half to four hours involved total.

ProwlerGlowStep1Old-P3160576.jpg ProwlerGlowStep2-P3160579.jpg ProwlerGlowStep3-P3160582.jpg

ProwlerGlowStep4-P3160584.jpg ProwlerGlowStep5-P3160596.jpg ProwlerGlowStep6-P3160590.jpg

ProwlerGlowStep7-P3160624.jpg

avvidclif

Looks great. Just out of curiosity what is the distance from the bottom of the door opening to the ground? On my list, I'm waiting to see if there is a show special, GRIN

Steve.Twoknee

While technucally not for the camper, this is what I did today for camping season!steve-woodpile-sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: