What did you do to your camper today?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here is a shot of our Oxygenics install:

View attachment 50440

Well, I got the GlowSteps installed today and they are AWESOME!

The actual install took me about two hours (did it all by my lonesome), but figuring things out, prepping and reading the instructions I had about three and a half to four hours involved total.

View attachment 50433 View attachment 50434 View attachment 50435

View attachment 50436 View attachment 50437 View attachment 50438

View attachment 50439

They look great! And we agree, awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve.Twoknee

You'll love them Steve.

I'm super excited. Only getting one set for my M32.. Putting them on the 'front' door. If we like them as much as I think I'm guessing next summer it will be a set for the 'back' door!

CDN

B and B
Finished the last of the unpacking of the old Fifth Wheel. Taking to the dealer tomorrow. Unpacked several boxes of RV items from Amazon for the new Bighorn. Going from 30 amp to 50 amp requires a few additional items!

mlpeloquin

Here is a shot of our Oxygenics install:

View attachment 50440

Well, I got the GlowSteps installed today and they are AWESOME!

The actual install took me about two hours (did it all by my lonesome), but figuring things out, prepping and reading the instructions I had about three and a half to four hours involved total.

View attachment 50433 View attachment 50434 View attachment 50435

View attachment 50436 View attachment 50437 View attachment 50438

View attachment 50439

Looks good. If you need a steady rail support, there is the Glow Glide Handrail. My wife has a prosthetic leg and the rail is really sturdy.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Lived in our coach today, and yesterday and the day before that. And will do the same tomorrow and the day after that and on and on and on. Love being able to full time in our Landmark!

Steve.Twoknee

We quit carrying our firewood with us as it seems with the dry weather (ie.- drought) going on that most places have fire bans around here.

Understandable. We are careful with respect to the locations we take our own as it isn't allowed in many places. That being said we find ourselves having to weekend it at local spots that do allow us to bring our own. Then, on those rare occasions we don't camp we often have our own backyard fire!
1c073d6e8969a2d7a47946315836aeda.jpg

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I converted our bed from king to queen. It was an easy job as all I had to do was to move a hinge and then removed 5" off each side of the partial board that the mattress sets on. The base did not need to be modified as I have seen others need to do. Now we have enough room around the bed to be comfortable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 116

anjoro

Looks good. If you need a steady rail support, there is the Glow Glide Handrail. My wife has a prosthetic leg and the rail is really sturdy.
This maybe a wierd question, but is there a place to buy an adjustable brace for the bottom step? The GlowStep looks like our steps but without bottom step brace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

anjoro

Going to check , camper is in storage. I'll let you know when I find out. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Dennyha

Yesterday, we picked up our camper from winter storage. I wasted no time installing the Glowstep Revolution steps last night. Getting the old steps off of the unit was not difficult, but there was one bolt, rear one on the right side, that was a bear getting back on. I cut away some of the sheet metal behind the plastic trim piece to get access to the back of the mounting bracket, and I still could not get fingers back there. To get the two washers and nut back on, I had to tape the washers and nut to a wrench to hold them behind the hole in the mounting bracket. Once I got the threads engaged, things got easier.

Overall, it turned out pretty well. It took a couple of hours, including installing the Safe Steps backs. I forgot to take the last picture last night, so I took it this morning while still dark. Tonight, I'm planning to install a MorRyde RPB.
IMG_1187.jpgIMG_1188.jpgIMG_1189.jpgIMG_1190.jpg

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yesterday, we picked up our camper from winter storage. I wasted no time installing the Glowstep Revolution steps last night. Getting the old steps off of the unit was not difficult, but there was one bolt, rear one on the right side, that was a bear getting back on. I cut away some of the sheet metal behind the plastic trim piece to get access to the back of the mounting bracket, and I still could not get fingers back there. To get the two washers and nut back on, so I had to tape the washers and nut to a wrench to hold them behind the hole in the mounting bracket. Once I got the threads engaged, things got easier.

Overall, it turned out pretty well. It took a couple of hours, including installing the Safe Steps backs. I forgot to take the last picture last night, so I took it this morning while still dark. Tonight, I'm planning to install a MorRyde RPB.
View attachment 50529View attachment 50530View attachment 50531View attachment 50532

Looking good! You will love them.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yesterday, we picked up our camper from winter storage. I wasted no time installing the Glowstep Revolution steps last night. Getting the old steps off of the unit was not difficult, but there was one bolt, rear one on the right side, that was a bear getting back on. I cut away some of the sheet metal behind the plastic trim piece to get access to the back of the mounting bracket, and I still could not get fingers back there. To get the two washers and nut back on, I had to tape the washers and nut to a wrench to hold them behind the hole in the mounting bracket. Once I got the threads engaged, things got easier.

I thought about the bolts for the old steps not wanting to come off as well so I gave the four bolts and two screws on the old steps a blast of WD40 a few days before I did our GloStep replacement.

They all spun right off without issue and no skinned knuckles!

Which is more than I can say about yesterdays project on my car . . . changing out an oxygen sensor on the exhaust manifold.