What did you do to your camper today?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
While we had the underbelly down for guiding our Cheap Heat extra duct, we decided to also install tank heaters on the fresh tank and also the fresh water line and sink lines, since these are areas susceptible to freezing (our experience).

We did this before on our previous Elkridge. This time, we went with two ThermaHeat pads in the fresh tank, rather than UltraHeat. The main difference was the Amps. These draw 4.8 amps each and UltraHeat’s same size pads draw 9.9 Amps, and UktraHeat pads cost 3x as much.

Notice because of the supports, we had to use two smaller pads rather than one big one.

0d9df27f86a1f1cce6c5b295728043f9.jpg

I don’t have pics of the heat tape install, I forgot. It then got covered with foam pipe cover, and the wiring got run up to the basement.

cf53579a1923cd7696db9d2065ff58c7.jpg

b37a3b3caee9d8bfcfed8b544b88d645.jpeg

The additional duct for the Cheap Heat was also run, it will now terminate near the fresh tank. With both these upgrades, here’s hoping we won’t have any freezing issues for our winter living and ski travels!

c3da5907c684661befc67dd474438a8d.jpeg
2c296c53dcb70a81c79f6ae1d25e877c.jpeg
d656d950badef6e4c21802bf99c8a911.jpeg

We ran out of decent outside temps to work, so hope to wrap up next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chiefneon

Howdy!

We’ve been in Goshen, IN at Affinity R Group having work done. We’ve had a bedroom slide issue ever since our trip to Alaska last year. We also have delamination problem on sidewall near that slide. Also head to Oman on Wednesday to find out why the generator want start.

” Happy Trails “
Chiefneon

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Not just today, but over the past week (we old folks have to take a lot of breaks!), replaced the worn out interior step and landing carpet with Allure Vinyl flooring and metal tread transitions. Also, replaced the worn bedroom carpet with 18x18 self stick carpet tiles. Still need a few trim pieces, but 95% done.
34d73444763dea39b26f0fdda8196b71.jpg
700ec26faf8611548a27497c3267763e.jpg
280b9b6abcf46a20d383ec30ce86253f.jpg
52275d9b9f169763afd7bee87d880a00.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Will that Allure tile withstand high and low/freezing temperatures? I ask because we’d like to get rid of the carpet in our old rig, but are leery of using a vinyl tile that might not survive winter storage.

carl.swoyer

Will that Allure tile withstand high and low/freezing temperatures? I ask because we’d like to get rid of the carpet in our old rig, but are leery of using a vinyl tile that might not survive winter storage.

Very valid point. Cold cracks from freezing can make a mess out of your floor. But my Landmark Rushmore has linoleum and no issues. Here in Spring Hill FL we do get into the teens so I put the heat on during the cold spells.
Now the folks up north? That's a horse of a different color.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

While we had the underbelly down for guiding our Cheap Heat extra duct, we decided to also install tank heaters on the fresh tank and also the fresh water line and sink lines, since these are areas susceptible to freezing (our experience).

We did this before on our previous Elkridge. This time, we went with two ThermaHeat pads in the fresh tank, rather than UltraHeat. The main difference was the Amps. These draw 4.8 amps each and UltraHeat’s same size pads draw 9.9 Amps, and UktraHeat pads cost 3x as much.

Notice because of the supports, we had to use two smaller pads rather than one big one.

0d9df27f86a1f1cce6c5b295728043f9.jpg

I don’t have pics of the heat tape install, I forgot. It then got covered with foam pipe cover, and the wiring got run up to the basement.

cf53579a1923cd7696db9d2065ff58c7.jpg

b37a3b3caee9d8bfcfed8b544b88d645.jpeg

The additional duct for the Cheap Heat was also run, it will now terminate near the fresh tank. With both these upgrades, here’s hoping we won’t have any freezing issues for our winter living and ski travels!

c3da5907c684661befc67dd474438a8d.jpeg
2c296c53dcb70a81c79f6ae1d25e877c.jpeg
d656d950badef6e4c21802bf99c8a911.jpeg

We ran out of decent outside temps to work, so hope to wrap up next weekend.

My belly heat is a two inch flexible duct work and termination is just over the frame drop.

Wmnmy

I drilled out the rivets holding the stairs and put pins in so I can stow the stairs in my storage compartment that way I can get in my trailer at the storage place to turn on fridge without hooking up and backing it back in every time.AE508F2E-789E-4090-89F2-D4C2A8081C9C.jpg98E931FD-100B-46FC-A939-B3BA54574535.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

948C43ED-41B3-43C0-9FA9-2F5251787859.jpg

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

We’ve had it on the main level floor for three years. No issues or problems. Been in temps up to 105 and down to 15.

danemayer

Started on replacement of leaking front, doorside landing jack on our 4 point level-up system. Should have been pretty easy. But...

3 of the 6 grade 8 mounting bolts were frozen. 24" breaker bar wasn't enough. Took over an hour and some brute force to break them loose.

Ran into a second problem while trying to move the control valve to the new jack. The space between the valve assembly and the jack is too narrow to insert an open end wrench or anything else that might be useful. I ordered a set of thin open end wrenches that should arrive late Thursday.

Called Lippert to ask how the new jack would work if I didn't install the valve today. They said it would extend and retract, but would not hold pressure once the pump was off.

So the old jack went back on and I'll pick it up again on Friday. Should go pretty fast once the valve is out.

carl.swoyer

Started on replacement of leaking front, doorside landing jack on our 4 point level-up system. Should have been pretty easy. But...

3 of the 6 grade 8 mounting bolts were frozen. 24" breaker bar wasn't enough. Took over an hour and some brute force to break them loose.

Ran into a second problem while trying to move the control valve to the new jack. The space between the valve assembly and the jack is too narrow to insert an open end wrench or anything else that might be useful. I ordered a set of thin open end wrenches that should arrive late Thursday.

Called Lippert to ask how the new jack would work if I didn't install the valve today. They said it would extend and retract, but would not hold pressure once the pump was off.

So the old jack went back on and I'll pick it up again on Friday. Should go pretty fast once the valve is out.
Dane ,
Don't you just love it when something that should be simple just goes to an entire new project. ??

danemayer

Dane ,
Don't you just love it when something that should be simple just goes to an entire new project. ??

I watched Jim Tanner's video where he had a mobile servicer change out the middle jack on a 6 point levelup. It was easy. The bolts came out easily. And there were no valves to deal with. It probably took Jim 5 times longer to edit the video than was spent changing the jack. :p

carl.swoyer

I watched Jim Tanner's video where he had a mobile servicer change out the middle jack on a 6 point levelup. It was easy. The bolts came out easily. And there were no valves to deal with. It probably took Jim 5 times longer to edit the video than was spent changing the jack. :p
Lol.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Repaired one of the grey water gate valves on our 2015 BH. The corraplast came down clean, but I did discover I was carrying another 8 pounds of weight in water that was inside the little galleys when I dropped one side. I cleaned up the messy arrangement of tubing/wiring runs also. I was well intentioned to document the project, but found I am no good at wearing two different hats at the same time. The photographer in me lost out. :(

Thanks to not having any free play in the drain piping, I had to remove the gate valve twice to finally get it back in place without dislodging the two seals.
f227124e435c255c21855a33db36180b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
Repaired one of the grey water gate valves on our 2015 BH. The corraplast came down clean, but I did discover I was carrying another 8 pounds of weight in water that was inside the little galleys when I dropped one side. I cleaned up the messy arrangement of tubing/wiring runs also. I was well intentioned to document the project, but found I am no good at wearing two different hats at the same time. The photographer in me lost out. :(

Thanks to not having any free play in the drain piping, I had to remove the gate valve twice to finally get it back in place without dislodging the two seals.

I can't tell, is that a Valterra brand valve? I have to work on mine sometime, like right afterI drain the system. :)

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Yes. Valterra 1.5" Blade valve. They are quite simple and if you can gain just a little separation at the flanges, the repair/replacement of them is easy.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well, I didn't post it here then...

Two weeks ago I sold the Prowler 5'ver as RV'ing no longer has my interest like it once did.

It will spend the winter about 50 miles from here, then next spring there will be a Prowler 5'ver hanging around in Idaho!

We are going to give RV'ing a rest for awhile and maybe sometime in the future get a smaller bumper pull TT that fits our needs.

Or perhaps we will find a new hobby out here in the desert southwest (4-wheelin' maybe?)!

I'm going to miss most of you that I've met over the past six years that I've been a part of the Heartland Owners Club, and maybe we'll be in the club again so we can meet up at some HOC rallies.

But if you are rolling through Yuma, Arizona...please feel free to give me a ring, email, text or PM me here!

I'll still be hanging around at the Heartland forums, and I'll be leaving my Heartland Owners Club sticker in the back window of my truck (until it fades away) and will tell any Heartlander I see on the road or in the RV Park where I live about the Heartland Owners Club!

And I will continue to run the Heartland Prowler RV Owners Facebook page until they won't have me anymore...

Here it is all washed and waxed a couple of hours before it sold (Goodbye, old friend):

ProwlerSold.jpg