What did you do to your camper today?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Nothing . . . yet . . . except turned on the fridge this morning.

Loading up the Prowler when I get home tonight as we leave in the morning for Blue Mesa (pictured below):

ProwlerBlueMesa-P1000477.jpg

GETnBYE

Bathroom door stop installed. The bathroom door would not stay open...slow creeping to the half open position that was a real bugger in this tight hallway.
Did not want to use the long side of a regular door stop sticking out to stub toes on near the steps, so used 2 small ends and added a very strong magnet. Works great. Just need to tighten screws on door side as during the video I noticed it is not snugged up. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Could not not get the video to upload.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Winterized the plumbing system with antifreeze. Wanted to get that done first in case the weather takes a turn to colder/wetter and I can't get any more done at the storage yard. Still want to modify the black tank flush line and replace some vinyl trim sections that are starting to harden and warp.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, the high is getting into the 80's here in Texas, so you know we're about to get some FALL. LOL! DH switched us over from the external filter system in a plastic tote to the WalMart Camco version that can be easily protected in the UDC from cold weather. We have had some colder mornings in the upper 50s, so it's coming.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Well, the high is getting into the 80's here in Texas, so you know we're about to get some FALL. LOL! DH switched us over from the external filter system in a plastic tote to the WalMart Camco version that can be easily protected in the UDC from cold weather. We have had some colder mornings in the upper 50s, so it's coming.

Haha. Colder mornings in the 50's.....We definitely need to move south. It was 36° The other morning. It's definitely coming.

Bones

I started working on my sink replacement. I now have a lot of scraping to do to get all of the silicon off.//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon6.png

IMG_20151005_153342.jpgIMG_20151005_153354.jpg

shelsay

Loaded up the Landmark to leave tomorrow for our fall campout at Westfir, OR. Also, washed the truck so we at least start out clean. See you soon, Mark and Christy.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I know, but we keep watching that show "Party Down South" and think it's better stayin up north. HaHa.

Not even sure what that is but we do watch Amish mafia. Says something about both of us. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Started loading it up for a 4 day weekend trip up in the Shenandoah mountains near Staunton, VA. Leaving in a couple of hours.

porthole

Retired
Hit the Blue Beacon a half hour north of the Kentucky Rally.
Old girl looks good with the reflecting light.

36fcdc46baf78cc51b82dae337555dba.jpg

TravelTiger

Today we investigated why our sinks have been slow draining. DH emptied both p-traps and snaked the lines. Bathroom had junk in it. The kitchen sink still likes to gradually fill up with water. Thinking it's a bad studor vent. Will pick one up locally.

Next thing we did was replace the heating element/blower in our 3 year old Dimplex fireplace. We had it go out this spring, ordered the new part under the 2 year warranty, but just hadn't put it in yet. Now we are ready for those brisk mornings.

rxbristol

Installed new carpet in the living room slides. We picked the carpet, order it and had them cut in in half before we brought it back to the rig. Did rough cut measurements and took it back to have the edges bound. Ripped out the old carpet and used it as a template to cut the new one. Installed padding, fine tuned the cuts, and stapled it down.

IMG_9034.jpg

TravelTiger

Installed new carpet in the living room slides. We picked the carpet, order it and had them cut in in half before we brought it back to the rig. Did rough cut measurements and took it back to have the edges bound. Ripped out the old carpet and used it as a template to cut the new one. Installed padding, fine tuned the cuts, and stapled it down.

View attachment 40819

Great job!

MagnoliaTom

View attachment 40819

Very nice

TravelTiger

Two more projects!

We replaced our "Out of Date" propane detector with a new, Propane and CO detector. MTI 35-742-WT White LP and Carbon Monoxide Flush Mount Detector from Amazon. Through the end of October, MTI is offering rebates up to $20 off certain detectors, so if you need to replace yours, look here and see if the one you want to buy has a rebate.

A few weeks ago we purchased a custom made sign at the State Fair of Texas, from MadCraft Sign Company, designed in about 15 minutes, and ready in an hour. Unfortunately, they only sell at fairs and shows! It's vinyl on metal, this one is 24" wide. Our 2010 34QSRL ElkRidge is affectionately called "The Mammoth".
IMG_6045.jpgIMG_6046.jpg

I put it above the front door.

Bones

Two more projects!

We replaced our "Out of Date" propane detector with a new, Propane and CO detector. MTI 35-742-WT White LP and Carbon Monoxide Flush Mount Detector from Amazon. Through the end of October, MTI is offering rebates up to $20 off certain detectors, so if you need to replace yours, look here and see if the one you want to buy has a rebate.

A few weeks ago we purchased a custom made sign at the State Fair of Texas, from MadCraft Sign Company, designed in about 15 minutes, and ready in an hour. Unfortunately, they only sell at fairs and shows! It's vinyl on metal, this one is 24" wide. Our 2010 34QSRL ElkRidge is affectionately called "The Mammoth".
View attachment 40823View attachment 40824

I put it above the front door.
I like this. Looks good