What did you do to your camper today?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Well let's see...Mobilization charges plus my hourly rate, plus supplies...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard that this service will be free for all that sign up for the PA rally. Maybe it's just a rumor though....

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I heard that this service will be free for all that sign up for the PA rally. Maybe it's just a rumor though....

I'm glad you're on the roster already...bring your bucket and brush...!!!!!

AAdams

Had a new mattress put in. ( they only charged $25 additional for delivery and haul off of the old one ). Might go to bed early tonight....

Chippendale

Had a new mattress put in. ( they only charged $25 additional for delivery and haul off of the old one ). Might go to bed early tonight....

Alan, congratulations on your new mattress, what kind did you purchase? I hate to say it, but I think I have a more comfortable mattress in my Gateway than I do in my sticks and bricks. Although, at my age I can sleep on most any thing. Have you made it to the coast yet?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just finished blowing out the water lines and winterizing the Prowler . . .

Used 2 1/2 gallons of the pink stuff . . .

Also getting it ready to take to the dealership next week to get our list of warranty problems fixed.

Took a bunch of stuff out of the basement so that they can access the heating ducts and other stuff behind the wall as there are a couple of things they need to do under there.

AAdams

We made it down here a little over a week ago. We actually ordered the mattress from a place in Aransas pass. As far as the brand I really don't remember (the DW might get just a wee bit upset it I tore apart the bed to get to the tag ) but the 12" plush is a lot different than the one that came with the rig.

MCTalley

I've really lost track. Here's some I remember doing today (let alone the last few days):

• Swapped out the Thetford toilet for a Dometic 320 (including an inline shutoff valve in the water line)
  • Hung pictures around the rig
  • Took several totes/boxes of extra stuff to our storage unit (we cheat a little as full-timers)
  • Hooked up my electronics stack (Mac Mini computer, Apple TV and Blu-Ray player). That's when I realized the TV doesn't have enough HDMI inputs nor does it have a 15 pin PC video input. Might have to come up with something there (Val suggested a different TV - I like the way she thinks).

Other items I can think of the last few days:

• Swapped out the bathroom sink faucet for a nice chrome high-neck Delta faucet.
  • Put up Smart Tiles in the kitchen and bathroom (the latter is a work in progress since we ran out of tiles)
  • Slide-out trash can in kitchen island
  • Dual metal slide-out shelves for pots and pans in the big cabinet left of the stove
  • Removed the frame and shelves behind the flip-up panel the TV is mounted to, then mounted the TV backboard directly to the wall, leaving lots more "counter space" in front of the TV
  • Put turntable (record player) on the newly created counter space and plugged into Aux input of Jensen stereo

rxbristol

I've really lost track. Here's some I remember doing today (let alone the last few days):

• Swapped out the Thetford toilet for a Dometic 320 (including an inline shutoff valve in the water line)
  • Took several totes/boxes of extra stuff to our storage unit (we cheat a little as full-timers)
  • Hooked up my electronics stack (Mac Mini computer, Apple TV and Blu-Ray player). That's when I realized the TV doesn't have enough HDMI inputs nor does it have a 15 pin PC video input. Might have to come up with something there (Val suggested a different TV - I like the way she thinks).

Other items I can think of the last few days:

• Swapped out the bathroom sink faucet for a nice chrome high-neck Delta faucet.
  • Put up Smart Tiles in the kitchen and bathroom (the latter is a work in progress since we ran out of tiles)
  • Slide-out trash can in kitchen island
  • Dual metal slide-out shelves for pots and pans in the big cabinet left of the stove
  • Removed the frame and shelves behind the flip-up panel the TV is mounted to, then mounted the TV backboard directly to the wall, leaving lots more "counter space" in front of the TV
  • Put turntable (record player) on the newly created counter space and plugged into Aux input of Jensen stereo

You've been very busy. Would love some photos.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Decided since we are fulltiming to try out induction cooking. We bought a Nuwave Portable Induction Cooktop, (PIC), with 9" pan, from Walmart, along with a Nuwave cookware set also from WM.

So far we really like it! We bought a Camco Universal Stove Cover (metal) that fits over our Apollo stovetop perfectly, and gives us a place to use the PIC under the range hood light and vent.

a0d1a764fc5bc875e79e426b271136c2.jpg

jbeletti

I made significant progress on the Water Pump Switch Project today.

Here's a link to the post with the update for this project.

rxbristol

Decided since we are fulltiming to try out induction cooking. We bought a Nuwave Portable Induction Cooktop, (PIC), with 9" pan, from Walmart, along with a Nuwave cookware set also from WM.

So far we really like it! We bought a Camco Universal Stove Cover (metal) that fits over our Apollo stovetop perfectly, and gives us a place to use the PIC under the range hood light and vent.

a0d1a764fc5bc875e79e426b271136c2.jpg

Induction is the best. We have the dual burner True Induction. What is the Apollo Stovetop? Never heard of it.

JohnD

Cathy has a photo I had custom framed for her birthday that she wants hung up in the Prowler, although I haven't figured out how to hang it without drilling holes in the frame (Cathy says 'No!' on that) . . .

Any ideas how to hang a framed photo that won't bounce off of the wall while rollin'?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Induction is the best. We have the dual burner True Induction. What is the Apollo Stovetop? Never heard of it.

We have the Apollo brand Half-time oven/microwave. The unit is in the typical "stove" location, just below the cooktop. The controls for the unit are integrated into a glass stovetop with three protruding gas burners and three knobs.
4f0587f599abccdf0eeee1a5004de713.jpg

This stovetop is part of the Apollo halftime oven/microwave, not a stand-alone unit.

acf6b35d8a49f08345d2ab8c1ba17a58.jpg

(Same pic adjusted so you can see the burners)

Last edited:

jbeletti

Cathy has a photo I had custom framed for her birthday that she wants hung up in the Prowler, although I haven't figured out how to hang it without drilling holes in the frame (Cathy says 'No!' on that) . . .

Any ideas how to hang a framed photo that won't bounce off of the wall while rollin'?

John,

In the LM 365, it has a few pictures hanging on the walls with generic people in them. I removed the frames to hang other stuff there and I liked tha hardware that was used. I removed it and used it for my stuff. It's call z-track or French cleat. I used this at the top of hte picture and used a 3M Command strip at the bottom of the frame. Perfect!

Pic and link from Amazon. There are a bunch of different ones out there.
french-cleat.jpg

JohnD

John,

In the LM 365, it has a few pictures hanging on the walls with generic people in them. I removed the frames to hang other stuff there and I liked tha hardware that was used. I removed it and used it for my stuff. It's call z-track or French cleat. I used this at the top of hte picture and used a 3M Command strip at the bottom of the frame. Perfect!

Pic and link from Amazon. There are a bunch of different ones out there.
View attachment 41085

Cool . . . I'll check in to that!

We've had trouble trying to get the command strips to stay up on the walls . . .

For some reason, they fall off and have even bubbled the wall paper in a few spots.