What did you do to your camper today?

z06

You will be very lucky if that works. Most parks have the 15 or 20 amp plug tied into the same breaker or a GFI plug.

Jim M
Has worked like a charm at two campgrounds with GFI,s. To be clear, the hot wire, neutral and ground wire to AC are switched to isolate from panel.

Bones

Bought a few LED lights to replace the few remaining incandescent bulbs I have left. Two for my floods and one for a sconce. We will see how the floods do. Hopefully they do better than the older bulbs.

jbeletti

Attached a Heartland Owners Club decal to the rear of Happykraut's Bighorn.
Looks great!
3ecdd8c93ce42853c479281a22e43472.jpg

Peace
Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Like!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

windviewer

completed installation of my new battery box, with dual batterries installed plus a battery switch to turn off batteries to allow trickle charging with a batteryminder.image.jpgimage.jpg

sjandbj

Installed a Winegard Trav'ler on my Big country. It was pretty simple to install once I decided the location on the roof to mount it. I had to come to the conclusion that where Heartland installed the backer plate was useless. With a vent, tv antenna, and air conditioner all next to the each other there is no way the satellite dish can be mounted in the correct location. This really needs to be address at the factory. The other problem was the location of the Wingegard control wiring. If I could find the guys who ran the wire I would be temped to strangle them. The satellite end was easy to find and get to while the end that should be easy to get to in the closet was no where to be found. I had to take the rack in the bedroom closet out then I expected the cable to be easy to locate but it was still not anywhere. I could not believe this cable was no where in site. It took a wire toner and a few hours to find the cable. Once I found it then came the decision how to get to it. I found the cable stuffed in a plastic bag with tape wrapped around the wire up in the far right side behind the washer/dyer closet. There was no way to get to the wire without cutting a access hole in the back of the closet. I cannot believe that the quality control missed this. After getting through these few problems the job went well. It was a great feeling when the dish came alive and there was a clear picture on the TV.cable in the wall.jpegdish down.jpegdish opened.jpegroof.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm thinking of putting one on mine. I have the King portable that only works with clear wide open sky's. And I hear that one will burn through some light trees and works good.
Can you or someone else tell me if that's true ???

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

sjandbj

I'm thinking of putting one on mine. I have the King portable that only works with clear wide open sky's. And I hear that one will burn through some light trees and works good.
Can you or someone else tell me if that's true ???

Jerrod,
I am not sure how much better the roof mounted dish would be trying to get through the trees. All i can say is that the larger the dish is the weaker the signal can be before the system will not work. I have used a portable system once and I could not get the dish high enough to clear the fence and trees at the park we stayed at.

Steve

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I was at a campground last week in the pine trees and the camp host's had the home unit burning right through the trees and working good.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Well, I cashed in my Santa gift for this year. Just in time for the end of the season. Hopefully we'll get out 2 more times. I'll review when I get a few miles on it.

ioj9xv.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Nice
Mine was leaking down every week. I had to pull out the air fitting and reseal it all good now.
Going from the Mor-ryd to the Trailair , I noticed more chucking but still a very nice ride especially on the bumps. I know the coach is going to last longer.

Bones

Well, I cashed in my Santa gift for this year. Just in time for the end of the season. Hopefully we'll get out 2 more times. I'll review when I get a few miles on it.

ioj9xv.jpg
So you did get it. I like your presents!!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Nice
Mine was leaking down every week. I had to pull out the air fitting and reseal it all good now.
Going from the Mor-ryd to the Trailair , I noticed more chucking but still a very nice ride especially on the bumps. I know the coach is going to last longer.

I think I have a slow leak in my airborn so I will pull it apart this winter and fix the fittings.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

So you did get it. I like your presents!!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I think I have a slow leak in my airborn so I will pull it apart this winter and fix the fittings.
I sprayed soapy water on it and didn't find any bubbles.
So I called Lippert he asked me to pull it and re-teflon it and see if it works. IT DID.
I know changing water leaves in the tanks changes the pin weight but I haven't had to add air yet
I was airing it up before we left home and it would be out when I hooked up to head back home 6 days later

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well, we just got home from the 2015 Fall Colorado HOC Rally in Central City, Colorado . . . and what a blast we had!

So sad that we couldn't stay longer . . . but good times always have to come to an end!

So I parked the Prowler in our side yard . . . drained the fresh water tank . . . put everything away that is supposed to be put away . . .

But we have one more trip in two weeks to Blue Mesa, Colorado to end our 2015 camping season (same place in our sig shot)!

Oh yeah . . . can't wait!

Then, in February, 2016 . . . the Arizona HOC Rodeo Rally in Tucson!

Now . . . on to the Denver Broncos and Detroit Lions game! :cool:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I had the dealer do the Cilijet wax coating a few weeks ago before the Jackson rally. "Didn't happen" so we did some dirt camping in Lake Tahoe. The Cilijet wax job came out amazing. Payed one time for 3 applications every 18 months.
Now after the Tahoe trip with a little bit of rain she was ready for a bath again. Had Neilsons Detailing come to the house and shine her up again. Ready for the next trip to the coast.

Does that count to what I did to my trailer today LOL

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
. . . so we did some dirt camping in Lake Tahoe.

We were going to go to Lake Tahoe (California mountain side) this summer to visit my brother, but he sold his house, so that trip didn't happen!

We were bummed as we've never been there and always wanted to check out the Lake Tahoe area.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Campground by the lake is the best spot. The spaces by the road are big enough for the 41' rig's loved it there made reservations for next September.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are now full-timing in a stationary scenario for a while, and I am used to having a home security system in my S&B. So, after much research, we added a security system to the coach. It is completely wireless (base station plugs into outlet but has battery backup), and it is professionally monitored. They have options to include sensors for doors/windows, motion detection, glass breakage, freeze warning, water detection, smoke and CO detectors. The system will alert me via text/email each time the system is armed/disarmed or an event occurs, and I can check the coach temperature remotely. The only drawback currently is that they do not have cameras as an option, but say they are coming soon. We have not had it a month yet, but I am very happy with the purchase. I do have to pay a monitoring fee, but since monitored security is something we've always had, so it's not a new expense. There is no long term contract, and I can cancel/change my service at any time. If we move the coach, we just alert the monitoring station of our new location.

Why have this? Well, as we all know, many things can happen while you're away from home, even just to the store. Compartment break-ins, water leaks, fire, etc. So, this gives me a tool to "keep tabs" on things while we are away. It also can be "armed" while you are home.