What did you do to your camper today?

Bones

I finished up my sink replacement.

1012151123b_HDR.jpg1012151119a_HDR.jpg

You cant even tell I replaced it. But instead of the thin gasket I used some plumbers putty to seal the drain with the sink basin.

VKTalley

Started packing up all the stuff in my rig in prep for u-hauling it from Evansville, IN, to Clarksville, IN, to put it in the new rig. Now I have boxes everywhere! Picking up the U-Haul truck tomorrow.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
On the sink, what was the "difference"? You really can't tell, it looks factory installed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

On the sink, what was the "difference"? You really can't tell, it looks factory installed!

The old sink looked just like this one but was slightly off center as well as leaking. Took us a couple of camping trips to finally figure out where the leak was coming from. That bugger was hiding on me. Here is the old sink

IMG_20150915_204552.jpg

Can you see the crack? I think it was always like that and over the summer with use it finally showed up.

If you looked at it you would never know I replaced it. Heartland was awesome and sent me a new sink. I took the time and also calked the gap that is left from the sink top curved edge and the bottom of the corian. I didn't want any area for water to sit in and mold.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The old sink looked just like this one but was slightly off center as well as leaking. Took us a couple of camping trips to finally figure out where the leak was coming from. That bugger was hiding on me. Here is the old sink

View attachment 40862

Can you see the crack? I think it was always like that and over the summer with use it finally showed up.

If you looked at it you would never know I replaced it. Heartland was awesome and sent me a new sink. I took the time and also calked the gap that is left from the sink top curved edge and the bottom of the corian. I didn't want any area for water to sit in and mold.

Looks great! Glad they sent you one and you were able to take care of it.

MagnoliaTom

Started packing up all the stuff in my rig in prep for u-hauling it from Evansville, IN, to Clarksville, IN, to put it in the new rig. Now I have boxes everywhere! Picking up the U-Haul truck tomorrow.

Did you guys get your new rig already?

rxbristol

I really like your sign.

- - - Updated - - -

I finished up my sink replacement.

View attachment 40840View attachment 40841

You cant even tell I replaced it. But instead of the thin gasket I used some plumbers putty to seal the drain with the sink basin.

Where did you order your sink from. Plumber's putty is a super product. I don't know why all modern plumbing directions state to use silicone. I've taken apart items that had plumber's putty still doing its job 30 years later.

Bones

rex,
My sink came from Heartland. It was a warranty replacement for the cracked one. I always use plumbers putty. I don't know why they use a tiny gasket. The putty cleans up nice too.

GregP

I have also used plumbers putty on a number of installations over the years. It is easy to work with, but I have found that some basin products (simulated stone types) will absorb oil from the putty and may cause discolouration where silicone may not. The discolouration doesn't seem to affect the function of the sink, and silicone can be hard to remove and re-seal if you ever have to take the sink out again for repairs. I think the putty might have a linseed oil base, and I don't know how it might react with Corian or similar products. That may be why manufacturers recommend silicone, because it doesn't stain.

rxbristol

Good point about some products absorbing the oil.

I have also used plumbers putty on a number of installations over the years. It is easy to work with, but I have found that some basin products (simulated stone types) will absorb oil from the putty and may cause discolouration where silicone may not. The discolouration doesn't seem to affect the function of the sink, and silicone can be hard to remove and re-seal if you ever have to take the sink out again for repairs. I think the putty might have a linseed oil base, and I don't know how it might react with Corian or similar products. That may be why manufacturers recommend silicone, because it doesn't stain.

VKTalley

Did you guys get your new rig already?

Tom, we found one last week and put a deposit on it. We are scheduled for signing paperwork and doing a PDI tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon. The plan is for me to stay in Clarksville while Malcolm returns to Evansville on Thursday to have our hitch installed. We have to be out of the Evansville campground by Friday as they are booked for the weekend. The RV dealer that did the estimation is willing to storage our current rig so it will be heading there. Hoping to hear from the insurance company today on the status of our claim....since Monday was a federal holiday.

MagnoliaTom

Hope your insurance claim works out for you. I'm sure you're anxious to get your new rig and move on. Just think, now Malcolm will have lots of opportunities to modify things on the new rig

VKTalley

Hope your insurance claim works out for you. I'm sure you're anxious to get your new rig and move on. Just think, now Malcolm will have lots of opportunities to modify things on the new rig

True, though I think he'd like things as they are at first so he can rest after this move. :rolleyes:

Garypowell

Valerie,

who who is your 5th wheel insurance with....Blue Sky or someone else. Mainly curious if they are depreciating your old unit or replacing it?

'Lil Guy'

Added decals to rear of coach and installed HOC plaque along with the new flag holder on ladder. Had my guy come over and climb in the storage compartment and install my HWEMS 50 by Progressive wiring into the fuse panel. Installed my stained glass window in the entrance door and finally installed my TMPS (507). Had to reprogram it for 110PSI. Tomorrow I'll wire in the amplifier for it at the hitch. Finished my water filter system with need bells and whistles for proper filtration and regulation, all mounted in crate to store hoses, etc. Productive day. Trying to get it ready for it's maiden voyage the enIMG_0323.jpgd of the IMG_0324.jpgIMG_0325.jpgIMG_0328.jpgmonth.