What did you do to your camper today?

z06

It is weather resistant. I am making a fiberglass shield to keep the worst of road grime off of it. I figured it was better to run electrical to it rather than have 20 feet of brake line if mounted in front of trailer.. Still bumped up to 1/4 inch line to reduce lag time when braking.
At the location I choose to mount it does require removing wheel to add fluid. Then again should not have to add fluid unless there is a leak.

looks good. Is the controller rated for exterior use? I see you have it mounted right there.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I put together a spare parts and repair kit with a verity of parts and tools I found on Amazon.
e2ef852622a8358de491047138f0acf9.jpg

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tape talk

MCTalley

In the last 24 hours:

• Installed our RV Lock
  • Installed our wood shelf over our cord reel
  • Installed bug screens on the water heater and furnace
  • Installed our HOC plaque
  • Installed our plexiglass in the screen door
  • Cut down the bed platform for our queen mattress
  • Put vinyl peel and stick tiles on our bed platform
  • Swapped our Maytag convection microwave in place of the High Pointe microwave
  • Unpacked a ton of stuff from boxes
  • Stocked the residential refrigerator with a six pack of beer

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
In the last 24 hours:

• Installed our RV Lock
  • Installed our wood shelf over our cord reel
  • Installed bug screens on the water heater and furnace
  • Installed our HOC plaque
  • Installed our plexiglass in the screen door
  • Cut down the bed platform for our queen mattress
  • Put vinyl peel and stick tiles on our bed platform
  • Swapped our Maytag convection microwave in place of the High Pointe microwave
  • Unpacked a ton of stuff from boxes
  • Stocked the residential refrigerator with a six pack of beer
Wow, I got tired just reading what you did on one day.
That would be my list for an entire summer.

Peace
Dave

TxCowboy

Going to be at an RV park for a couple of years prepping for full timing -- so we had TWC cable installed om the RV. The park's cable was pretty bad. :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Going to be at an RV park for a couple of years prepping for full timing -- so we had TWC cable installed om the RV. The park's cable was pretty bad. :)

Cool, are you getting cable internet as well? Might look into bundling that with your cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Cool, are you getting cable internet as well? Might look into bundling that with your cable.

We actually had the internet (dedicated wireless service) installed several weeks ago because we needed it for our business. Just rerunning the underground cable improved the television service quite a bit but it was still pretty bad -- not a good selection of channels, no television guide, lots of snow and pixelating, etc.

Since we're using the RV as a "branch office" and looking to move the business to this area when we semi-retire in a couple of years, it just made sense to us to get more reliable service that includes the local stations. We absolutely need the local weather and traffic data and installing our own cable service was essential.

MCTalley

Today:

• Put our travel map on the side of the rig and put all 34 states on that we've visited. (The 3650 has room between the door and the slide to place the map, so it's no longer on the side of the slide).
  • Wired up the hardwired EMS
  • Put a magnetic door stop outside on the main entry door. Now when you open the door all the way, the magnet holds it open.
  • Put a "springy hose thing" on the water input in the UDC so I can hang my water filter there.
  • Put new water filter in with a quick disconnect on it to match the ones on all my hoses

sjandbj

Well today:
1. Installed new gas struts on the UDC door to allow it to open high enough so I don't have to duck my head anymore. It still won't hit the bedroom slide when it is fully extended.
2. Installed quick disconnects on the software softer and water filters so it is easier to store when traveling and makes set up a snap.

MCTalley

Mostly shopping today (lots of "what I dids" coming up this week).

Today:

Installed a new shower head holder that is adjustable.

Our TV is mounted on a big flip-up board (with a gas strut). Behind it is a set of shelves you can put DVDs and CDs in (or whatever suits you). I pulled the shelves and mount out, then mounted the TV backer board directly to the wall behind. That gives us about 14" of counter space in front of the TV instead of about 6". Now I can put my turntable on the counter in front of the TV and plug it into the Jensen stereo (at least for now) using the Aux input. Listening to some oldies at the moment.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Mostly shopping today (lots of "what I dids" coming up this week).

Today:

Installed a new shower head holder that is adjustable.

Our TV is mounted on a big flip-up board (with a gas strut). Behind it is a set of shelves you can put DVDs and CDs in (or whatever suits you). I pulled the shelves and mount out, then mounted the TV backer board directly to the wall behind. That gives us about 14" of counter space in front of the TV instead of about 6". Now I can put my turntable on the counter in front of the TV and plug it into the Jensen stereo (at least for now) using the Aux input. Listening to some oldies at the moment.

I'm glad to see you are getting things back to normal after these few crazy weeks.

VKTalley

I'm glad to see you are getting things back to normal after these few crazy weeks.

Jamie, I agree!!! I am seeing more of my floor and less boxes, which is so nice! Hopefully in the next day or so, I will be able to use my couch. Got to organize all my sewing/crochet/craft stuff and consolidate it...along with finishing two prayer afghans for my Prayer Shawl group in Alabama. Though...I do have to get it all in order as we head southward on Saturday with a projected arrival in Louisiana for Halloween on the Bayou next Wednesday.

Bones

I brought the camper back to the Future and discovered That I'm still not a millionaire but Camping is still fun with floating campers and instant camp out food and they still haven't fixed the refrigerator leaks. :cool:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Just spent the past 3 hours removing a year's worth of filth from the roof of the BH.
Looks pretty good for a three year old...
08a575c22087279fdd542881da35ea8b.jpg

2c3aa9b74ddf2db2ae409754c99823d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Nothing yet today . . . except maybe going out and watching the 'Back To The Future' trilogy . . .

Tomorrow I will be getting the 2015 Prowler ready to take it in for several warranty repair issues!

Even though my dealership offered to do the winterization for free . . . I will be doing it myself!