What did you do to your camper today?

Diamondjim

What kinda cost are we talking, at a truck wash? I always see long lines at a couple I'm familiar with? ?

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

GWRam

Never been to one. Is just a blast of water? Whirling brushes? Does it get the rear wall of camper clean too.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

No all of ours are 2 or 3 guys washing it by hand and if you find a good one they will hand dry it too
"Truck Tub" is the one I use they will let me put out the slides and awnings if they need it
I usually give them big tips so $10 to $20 per guy they know me and do a real good job.
Out the door for about $110 bucks Pickup & 40 trailer.
Or I can have the detail guys come to my house trailer only was $180

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tapatalk

GWRam

That sounds really good. I'll need to look around for a wash location. I talked with a local detailer back in the spring and he wanted $250. Thought that was high!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
That sounds really good. I'll need to look around for a wash location. I talked with a local detailer back in the spring and he wanted $250. Thought that was high!

Truck stops generally have a drive through do-it-yourself spray wash . . .

That is where I will probably take our trailer when I get it back in a couple of weeks.

avvidclif

Today... I use the Pingel Removable chocks for the motorcycle and I added the second set of brackets so I can haul 2 bikes if needed. I also changed out the battery. It had the generic dealer installed Group 24. I removed it and put in an military type AGM. Abt 10x10 Sq and weighs 94 lbs. A little more battery than the 45 lb'er. No more battery case either. I noticed on the last trip without external power the battery voltage dropped a little when using the hydraulics and sure enough there was some corrosion on the + post. Leaving Thur morn for the weekend.

porthole

Retired
Blue Beacon truck wash.
http://www.bluebeacon.com/

Typical for a RV and pickup with the RainX treatment is around $60-$65.

Everyone I have been to uses a crew of 8-9.
4 guys on each side plus a foreman. I usually tip the foreman, in front of the wash crew a $20 bill. Seems to help with getting a nice clean.
You can always point out details, like bugs on the front cap.

They use power sprayers and soft brushes.

porthole

Retired
Two things that were a bit disappointing .......
While on our recent trip Lippert and I tried to arrange at a couple of repair facilities to have my steps replaced that were installed at Goshen. Couldn't make it work so I had the steps shipped home, would replace them myself.

Two 77 pound boxes arrived - and they are the wrong steps! They sent the plain steel steps that everyone replaced at Goshen. Waiting to hear the next "step".

I have a "dump" port at the house, so I typically won't bother to dump the tanks if we are on the way home,. Especially if at a campground without sewer hookups, which was the case for our last four days at a Delaware State Park.

One thing I always do with my portable macerator pump, the "Flojet" is test it with clean water before i pull the black tank handle.

Jabsco macerarator impeller.jpg

One vane out of 6 will not pump. So I have a 2 day delay while I wait for my Amazon delivery, and I did order two kits :rolleyes:.

Lippert also sent me a replacement "Flow Down" kit while we were away. I bought two kits at Goshen. between the two kits I had one missing lock screw, one broken screw and several trays that were either missing the alignment bumps or the bumps were so small they did nothing.

GWRam

Just curious, what is wrong with your new stairs installed at Goshen?

Bones

Brought the camper back from storage to prep for our last planned trip. Washed the camper then waxed the front cap. Thought to myself I really need to wax the whole camper but not enough time today. Detailed the tires with tire shine.

Cjackg

...While on our recent trip Lippert and I tried to arrange at a couple of repair facilities to have my steps replaced that were installed at Goshen. Couldn't make it work so I had the steps shipped home, would replace them myself...

I bet you wish you had listened when I told you we could fix those steps with some WD40 and a good hammer !

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

FYI: mine are working great... Easy in easy out and way better then the stock steel steps. No more needing to put blocks of wood under the bottom step for support.

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Detailed the tires with tire shine.

When we picked up our brand new Prowler back in May, 2015, the tires were all shiny and new . . .

Before I go on, let me add that the tires that are on our Prowler were the very same brand new tires I had purchased and installed on our 2013 Heartland Prowler just one week before we traded it in (had the factory installed BlowMax tires on the Prowler swapped for the new ones I just had put on our old trailer one week prior).

Anyway . . . they were all shiny when we picked up our Prowler . . . and are still shiny now!

But I hate that shiny stuff!

Every time I touch the tires I get that 'stuff' on my hands (what a PITA) . . . I got some on my hat (and it won't come off) when I was under there checking the tire pressure before our last camp out . . . and really . . . do shiny tires really look natural?????

I prefer the 'not scrubbed on a curb' look to the 'unnatural shiny stuff smeared all over the sidewall' look . . .

justafordguy

I use Aerospace 303 protectant on my tires, no shiny/oily residue.

I modified my basement wall last weekend. I gained 11" x 5' of storage space. While I had the wall down I also mounted my water pump on some soft rubber pads to quiet it down some. I also added a switch for the water pump to the outside docking station so I can turn on the water pump to run the black tank flush while at a dump station.

Bones

I cussed the camper out a little bit this afternoon. I turned the propane on and blew out my high pressure regulator. Don't know why it blew or went bad but I got lucky a store 5 minutes down the road had a new regulator. Whew that could have been a chilly night if I couldn't find one. Glad I usually carry a few tools with me.

rxbristol

I cussed the camper out a little bit this afternoon. I turned the propane on and blew out my high pressure regulator. Don't know why it blew or went bad but I got lucky a store 5 minutes down the road had a new regulator. Whew that could have been a chilly night if I couldn't find one. Glad I usually carry a few tools with me.

Wow, never heard of that happening before...glad you could get another one.

rsg1963

When we picked up our brand new Prowler back in May, 2015, the tires were all shiny and new . . .

Before I go on, let me add that the tires that are on our Prowler were the very same brand new tires I had purchased and installed on our 2013 Heartland Prowler just one week before we traded it in (had the factory installed BlowMax tires on the Prowler swapped for the new ones I just had put on our old trailer one week prior).

Anyway . . . they were all shiny when we picked up our Prowler . . . and are still shiny now!

But I hate that shiny stuff!

Every time I touch the tires I get that 'stuff' on my hands (what a PITA) . . . I got some on my hat (and it won't come off) when I was under there checking the tire pressure before our last camp out . . . and really . . . do shiny tires really look natural?????

I prefer the 'not scrubbed on a curb' look to the 'unnatural shiny stuff smeared all over the sidewall' look . . .

I completely agree about shiny tires not looking good or looking fake. I found a perfect middle ground between shiny plastic looking tire protectant and the dry curb scrubbed look. I use Meguiars Natural shine protectant. Great UV protection for tires dashboards bumpers, etc.. but without that greasy slippery look and feel. And it does not come off all over your let if you just brush past it. Been using it for years now. Highly recommend trying it and see what you think.
http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G4116-Natural-Shine-Protectant/dp/B0009IQXCC