What did you do to your camper today?

Chippendale

I cussed the camper out a little bit this afternoon. I turned the propane on and blew out my high pressure regulator. Don't know why it blew or went bad but I got lucky a store 5 minutes down the road had a new regulator. Whew that could have been a chilly night if I couldn't find one. Glad I usually carry a few tools with me.

While I don’t think we would end up with anything like this video, we need to remember we are traveling down the road with a couple of potential bombs. I know a lot of people travel with a tank open to provide propane to the refrigerator. Might want to give that some thought before the next trip. Do you suppose the insurance company totaled the truck?

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/FG1LGKieTxY?autoplay=1&vq=480&rel=0

porthole

Retired
Anyone that may be interested in keeping a spare pump impeller kit for the portable Flojet macerator pump, here is the Amazon #

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O8B5YS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Not just an impeller as shown, it is a kit with gaskets, o-rings and pump lube. It is a multi fit item. The Flo jet only uses two gaskets.

Two things that were a bit disappointing .......
While on our recent trip Lippert and I tried to arrange at a couple of repair facilities to have my steps replaced that were installed at Goshen. Couldn't make it work so I had the steps shipped home, would replace them myself.

Two 77 pound boxes arrived - and they are the wrong steps! They sent the plain steel steps that everyone replaced at Goshen. Waiting to hear the next "step".

I have a "dump" port at the house, so I typically won't bother to dump the tanks if we are on the way home,. Especially if at a campground without sewer hookups, which was the case for our last four days at a Delaware State Park.

One thing I always do with my portable macerator pump, the "Flojet" is test it with clean water before i pull the black tank handle.

View attachment 41219

One vane out of 6 will not pump. So I have a 2 day delay while I wait for my Amazon delivery, and I did order two kits :rolleyes:.

Lippert also sent me a replacement "Flow Down" kit while we were away. I bought two kits at Goshen. between the two kits I had one missing lock screw, one broken screw and several trays that were either missing the alignment bumps or the bumps were so small they did nothing.

windviewer

Finished making our ispm 15 compliant wood blocks (for hopefully trouble free border crossings). these are just 6x6 blocks planed down to 5x5 x 10 inch pt wood, heat treated, stamped, and finished for use under jack stands on our TT. (5 inch was the maximum allowed for the heat treatment at the local pallet maker who did the treatment/certified stamps for me)

image.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Finished making our ispm 15 compliant wood blocks (for hopefully trouble free border crossings). these are just 6x6 blocks planed down to 5x5 x 10 inch pt wood, heat treated, stamped, and finished for use under jack stands on our TT. (5 inch was the maximum allowed for the heat treatment at the local pallet maker who did the treatment/certified stamps for me)

View attachment 41248

Welcome fellow Prowler owner . . .

There are few of us here posting so I hope you come here often and help to show off our brand of trailer!

We are on our second Heartland travel trailer . . . our first was a Trail Runner.

We love our new Prowler and hope to maybe meet you at one of our rallies in the near future!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

View attachment 41248

Please explain as I don't understand your remark regarding "border crossing".
We crossed the US Canada border three times this summer. ALL of my blocking is wood and was plainly visible in the back of my truck. The only things the CA border guards were interested in where guns/ammo, chicken and eggs. The US guys asked about guns and cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
By the by . . . we have our own Prowler section of this website . . .

Post photos . . . ask questions . . . anything you want to post or ask!

Here is a link . . .

https://heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/585-Prowler-Community

Welcome to the Heartland Club!

- - - Updated - - -

We crossed the US Canada border three times this summer. ALL of my blocking is wood and was plainly visible in the back of my truck.

The only things the CA border guards were interested in where guns/ammo, chicken and eggs. The US guys asked about guns and cash.

Chicken and eggs?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That is pretty funny . . .

travelin2

By the by . . . we have our own Prowler section of this website . . .

Post photos . . . ask questions . . . anything you want to post or ask!

https://heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/585-Prowler-Community

Welcome to the Heartland Club!

- - - Updated - - -

Chicken and eggs?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That is pretty funny . . .

Avian flu concerns. We actually had to surrender 12+ eggs as we left Alaska so we could get our passports back.
Seriously !!!

windviewer

We crossed the US Canada border three times this summer. ALL of my blocking is wood and was plainly visible in the back of my truck. The only things the CA border guards were interested in where guns/ammo, chicken and eggs. The US guys asked about guns and cash.

Technically, the border people COULD confiscate your wood if they wanted to make an issue. All wood packing crossing the usa/canada border is supposed to be ispm 15 compliant (as of october 2014 i believe). yes, this rule really applies to pallets used to hold things, but i have heard (from fellow canadian campers who travel south) that we shouldn't expect our run of the mill blocks to safely make it back and forth at the border. as with all border crossings, the rules are up to the guard on duty...

so, since i was bored, and it only cost me $20 to get them done and stamped, i have one more piece of ammunition to argue with at the border, if necessary.

travelin2

Technically, the border people COULD confiscate your wood if they wanted to make an issue. All wood packing crossing the usa/canada border is supposed to be ispm 15 compliant (as of october 2014 i believe). yes, this rule really applies to pallets used to hold things, but i have heard (from fellow canadian campers who travel south) that we shouldn't expect our run of the mill blocks to safely make it back and forth at the border. as with all border crossings, the rules are up to the guard on duty...

so, since i was bored, and it only cost me $20 to get them done and stamped, i have one more piece of ammunition to argue with at the border, if necessary.

"Rules up to the border guard". Have that right. We saw NO consistency whatsoever from either side beyond the guns, poultry products and cash questions.
Remember that movie with the make believe family hauling kilos of dope into the US from Mexico in a motor home???
Well let's just say it not too unfeasible. No one looked inside the 5er and only 2 guards came out of their shack (because they had to to get to my side of the truck).

Last edited:

windviewer

hooked up a emshw30c power protector along with a power monitor i got off ebay. had to make a mounting box for the monitor and run some 16 ga 4 wire cord from the ems box to feed it (2 wires for voltage and 2 for current). tricky finding a place to run the wires in the walls but i found a route.

monitor is nice since it tells you the power draw at any given time. image.jpgimage.jpg

MagnoliaTom

hooked up a emshw30c power protector along with a power monitor i got off ebay. had to make a mounting box for the monitor and run some 16 ga 4 wire cord from the ems box to feed it (2 wires for voltage and 2 for current). tricky finding a place to run the wires in the walls but i found a route.

monitor is nice since it tells you the power draw at any given time. View attachment 41281View attachment 41282

I like this. Looks good. Can the monitor be used with a 50 amp ems?

Tundra2084

We have not only been searched and had tomatoes, dog food, blueberries, lemons,grapes etc taken but when we went to the Goshen Rally in June we were asked to go to a check point where we were asked to park 3 RVS end to end. Once parked we were asked to leave our vehicle with our dogs and stand at the end of the parking lot. Once we were in the desired area with the other RV'ERS a large box truck with what we were told was an x-ray machine inside went down and around the vehicles. After it did it's thing, we were given a sheet of paper to give to the next station and on our way we went. They did this to ALL vehicles that towed anything behind it and even motor homes.
Remember Mad cow and the scare of it traveling from one country to another infecting other animals? Avian flu is also contagious so that's why no poultry is being allowed. Just a safety precaution.
We don't have a problem with the searches and questions about what we have in our RV or vehicle. I would rather be a little inconvenienced then have a problem and be detained and denied entry. The only thing I wish they would do is be consistent from one guard to the next.

'Lil Guy'

Got some ideas of this forum for the basement storage to keep from stacking everything. Used PVC and it seemed to work out as planned.

Attachments

• IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 127

Diamondjim

Pulled the pin fiberglass cover from our Greystone that apparently tangled with PO (previous owner) truck bed rails & lost.
Re-shaped contours on both sides, polished & remounted to the rig.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk