What did you do to your camper today?

Bones

Dining room table and two chairs, Jofran Taylor Cherry:

i-rX94FBC-M.jpg

Power theater seat unit, Flexsteel Capitol line:

i-gvhZNZz-M.jpg
Looks good. Did you take out the seating in there already?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Cathy doesn't like the table and chairs vs. the dinnette . . . so we probably won't be switching that out . . .

The dinette in our Prowler turns into a bed . . . for short people!

Both Cathy and I are 5' 11" . . . so the dinette is not an option for us as far as a bed is concerned!

Luckily for us . . . we do have a couple of short people in the family . . . so the dinette will work for them . . . if they ever come out to visit while we are camping!

DOH!

MCTalley

Looks good. Did you take out the seating in there already?

Yes. The furniture store where we bought the furniture hauled it away for us and is setting it up in a consignment shop next door to their store. Can't beat that, though it was easy enough to disassemble and reassemble that I could have done that part.

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking about replacing the recliners in our Prowler with the theater seating . . .

How do you like it?

Love it. I liked the seating unit that came with the trailer (manual recline), but it suffered from the problem I'd seen with a couple others supplied with Big Country units - the leg rest would not stay all the way up when I rested my legs on it.

VKTalley

Cathy doesn't like the table and chairs vs. the dinnette . . . so we probably won't be switching that out . . .

The dinette in our Prowler turns into a bed . . . for short people!

Both Cathy and I are 5' 11" . . . so the dinette is not an option for us as far as a bed is concerned!

Luckily for us . . . we do have a couple of short people in the family . . . so the dinette will work for them . . . if they ever come out to visit while we are camping!

DOH!

John, our sofa makes into a bed (queen-size) so I like my table and chairs. :) The new recliners are very nice and comfortable for me to sit in with my legs partially propped up, not out straight.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Replaced the tv antenna with the stealth bomber looking King antenna. That mod doubled our channels. Installed a toy lock up front, and put our Curt hitch on the bumper for the flag pole. Came back home and ordered the night stands for our king to queen bed conversion.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Replaced the tv antenna with the stealth bomber looking King antenna. That mod doubled our channels.

That King antenna is the bomb!

When we stayed up at the Wellington KOA over July 4th. weekend I didn't even rescan for channels and all of the Denver stations came in up there just as they do at our house.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Installed the Snap-Pads on the 5er today. It was very easy to do. Great product. Sorry about the sideways photos

.snap pad 2.JPGsnap pad 1.JPGsnap pad.JPG

Domi

Removed the toilet and replaced the gasket as it would not hold water. Not a particularly tough job although having the correct instructions would have helped. Definitely a job that even the semi-handy can do.

Having a great time learning about our trailer. Looking forward to a trip this weekend if the weather remains decent.

John

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Installed the RVLock v3.0 today. Black Friday sale $99...!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Lowered the underbelly (in two, previously marked places) to get the remote temperature sensors out and replace the batteries, then put them back. Now we're ready to monitor the underbelly temps when we head to New Mexico and Colorado in a few weeks!

BLHFUN

Lowered the underbelly (in two, previously marked places) to get the remote temperature sensors out and replace the batteries, then put them back. Now we're ready to monitor the underbelly temps when we head to New Mexico and Colorado in a few weeks!

Ohhh. That's a great tip! Where did you mount the remote?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ohhh. That's a great tip! Where did you mount the remote?

We pull down a small area of the coroplast and the metallic sheet insulation, and add velcro to on the back of the remotes and metallic insulation to hold them in place. We have one about even with the entry steps and one just behind the off door wheels. These are not really where tanks or pipes are, but we figured if these areas of the underbelly are above freezing, we will be plenty warm where the heater vent is positioned, near the water lines and tanks.

We also have a third remote to leave outside.

BLHFUN

We pull down a small area of the coroplast and the metallic sheet insulation, and add velcro to on the back of the remotes and metallic insulation to hold them in place. We have one about even with the entry steps and one just behind the off door wheels. These are not really where tanks or pipes are, but we figured if these areas of the underbelly are above freezing, we will be plenty warm where the heater vent is positioned, near the water lines and tanks.

We also have a third remote to leave outside.

thats a great tip for sure. We camp through December and have several days/nights that get a little stressful. I have the Yeti and Canadian packages, but you just never know since I use the fireplace more than the propane. Most of the time it's dry camping and the cold weather packages suck a ton of electric, which means a ton of fuel on the gen set. This will take the guess work out! Thanks for sharing!