What did you do to your camper today?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I got the new glow steps install today. Took about 1 hour to complete. No spacers were needed.It was the easiest mod I have yet to do on the Big Country.

View attachment 44846View attachment 44847View attachment 44848View attachment 44849View attachment 44850View attachment 44851View attachment 44852View attachment 44853View attachment 44854

Steve

Looks great, Steve! It appears you had different OEM steps than we did. We've had our Glowstep Revolution steps a month or so, and love them.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I gotta get some of those steps for our Prowler . . . probably not until next year as I've got a few other things to throw money at first.

Today our dealership's mobile tech came to the house to finish some warranty repairs . . .

I decided to keep the wrong window shade they put in when the Prowler was there last winter (Cathy is p!$$ed, but what can I say?) as the repair tech and I agreed that the new shade (same as the one that came from the factory) would not hold up.

I think the real answer is to replace with a totally different kind of window shade . . . another thing to throw some money at!

He finished several other small items, and then he tackled the problem child . . . replacing the stereo and fixing the entertainment center, plus making sure that the cable TV connection was working!

Last time he was here he basically destroyed the stereo and the entertainment center while trying to get the stereo out of the entertainment center after their tech in the shop 'fixed it' the first time . . . NOT!

By the by . . . he told me that the guy that did this work when our Prowler was in the shop is 'no longer there' . . . DOH!

Anyway, the model of DVD/CD/AM/FM/Stereo that was in our Prowler from the factory had been discontinued . . . so we got an upgrade!

So, while he worked on that I mowed our lawn . . . much needed after all of the rain and snow we've had here in the last three weeks!

So once he had that all wired in (but not yet mounted) it was time to see if the cable TV coax line was working . . . and the problem still remained!

So I again explained what I found the problem to be (and the repair tech who no longer works for them couldn't grasp the problem) . . . he understood the issue and worked on the wiring.

We have DirectTV at our house . . . not cable.

He said that he had come up with a theory to test the cable line, but he doubted that the equipment was still available to try out his theory.

He said that he needed a DVD player that had a coax output to test the system . . . and that he tried to find one to no avail to test our trailer.

I told him to wait a minute and I would be right back . . . he didn't realize who he was speaking to (I have a garage and house full of audio/video equipment)!

I am a stereo geek from the 70's . . . and guess what I have hooked up to our basement TV?????

A GoVideo CD/DVD/VHS Player/Recorder that I bought about 10 years ago and it has coax connections!

And it worked perfectly for his test . . . hooking this up to the outside cable TV input and playing a DVD showed him exactly what I was trying to tell their other tech for months what was going on!

Even the new stereo unit was not coming through to the living room TV when the AM/FM antenna was connected to the splitter to the antenna . . . but as soon as the AM/FM connection was unplugged from the splitter . . . A PERFECT PICTURE ON THE TV!

He is going to order a new coax cable for the antenna connection, but he made it work so we can at least get by at the Colorado HOC Rally next weekend in Buena Vista!

Both him and I looked for some kind of face plate to cover up the damaged entertainment center cabinet to no avail, but he had some brown tape that he used to cover up the damage and it looks pretty good!

This is what is looked like after the stereo was removed a few weeks ago:

ProwlerEntCenter-IMAG0231.jpg

I didn't take a photo of it when he was done . . . I'll get one over the weekend!

And, after he was done and on his way . . . I opened up the basement wall and finger tightened all of the water connections . . . then dewinterized the Prowler.

And, while working on the trailer today I noticed some wasps going into one of the outside refrigerator vents, so I waited until after dusk and pulled the panel and low and behold . . . a wasp nest!

It is now gone and the wasps are now in wasp heaven!

TravelTiger

I gotta get some of those steps for our Prowler . . . probably not until next year as I've got a few other things to throw money at first.

Today our dealership's mobile tech came to the house to finish some warranty repairs . . .

I decided to keep the wrong window shade they put in when the Prowler was there last winter (Cathy is p!$$ed, but what can I say?) as the repair tech and I agreed that the new shade (same as the one that came from the factory) would not hold up.

I think the real answer is to replace with a totally different kind of window shade . . . another thing to throw some money at!

He finished several other small items, and then he tackled the problem child . . . replacing the stereo and fixing the entertainment center, plus making sure that the cable TV connection was working!

Last time he was here he basically destroyed the stereo and the entertainment center while trying to get the stereo out of the entertainment center after their tech in the shop 'fixed it' the first time . . . NOT!

By the by . . . he told me that the guy that did this work when our Prowler was in the shop is 'no longer there' . . . DOH!

Anyway, the model of DVD/CD/AM/FM/Stereo that was in our Prowler from the factory had been discontinued . . . so we got an upgrade!

So, while he worked on that I mowed our lawn . . . much needed after all of the rain and snow we've had here in the last three weeks!

So once he had that all wired in (but not yet mounted) it was time to see if the cable TV coax line was working . . . and the problem still remained!

So I again explained what I found the problem to be (and the repair tech who no longer works for them couldn't grasp the problem) . . . he understood the issue and worked on the wiring.

We have DirectTV at our house . . . not cable.

He said that he had come up with a theory to test the cable line, but he doubted that the equipment was still available to try out his theory.

He said that he needed a DVD player that had a coax output to test the system . . . and that he tried to find one to no avail to test our trailer.

I told him to wait a minute and I would be right back . . . he didn't realize who he was speaking to (I have a garage and house full of audio/video equipment)!

I am a stereo geek from the 70's . . . and guess what I have hooked up to our basement TV?????

A GoVideo CD/DVD/VHS Player/Recorder that I bought about 10 years ago and it has coax connections!

And it worked perfectly for his test . . . hooking this up to the outside cable TV input and playing a DVD showed him exactly what I was trying to tell their other tech for months what was going on!

Even the new stereo unit was not coming through to the living room TV when the AM/FM antenna was connected to the splitter to the antenna . . . but as soon as the AM/FM connection was unplugged from the splitter . . . A PERFECT PICTURE ON THE TV!

He is going to order a new coax cable for the antenna connection, but he made it work so we can at least get by at the Colorado HOC Rally next weekend in Buena Vista!

Both him and I looked for some kind of face plate to cover up the damaged entertainment center cabinet to no avail, but he had some brown tape that he used to cover up the damage and it looks pretty good!

This is what is looked like after the stereo was removed a few weeks ago:

View attachment 44855

I didn't take a photo of it when he was done . . . I'll get one over the weekend!

And, after he was done and on his way . . . I opened up the basement wall and finger tightened all of the water connections . . . then dewinterized the Prowler.

And, while working on the trailer today I noticed some wasps going into one of the outside refrigerator vents, so I waited until after dusk and pulled the panel and low and behold . . . a wasp nest!

It is now gone and the wasps are now in wasp heaven!

John, glad you are finally getting some solutions. And humans 1, wasps 0 is always a good thing! Consider getting some bug screens for your fridge vent.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-refrigerators/fridge-vent-insect-screens.htm

TravelTiger

Added a holdback to our ODS basement door.

625f786a637a1ce9f96298dde5bb14ec.jpg
495c9fd28b281aff2b948c27de15efe9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjandbj

Getting ready for the trip to Yellowstone next month. Added a trailer plug to the bed of truck. The mods just never seem to end. :)
truck plug.jpg

Steve

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
John, glad you are finally getting some solutions. And humans 1, wasps 0 is always a good thing!

Consider getting some bug screens for your fridge vent.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-refrigerators/fridge-vent-insect-screens.htm

Will do!

One thing I also did was to fire up the water heater and furnace to blow out any mud daubers that might have wanted to take up residence in the outside heat vents.

If there were any in there . . . they are now toast!

I also found a couple of hornets nests inside of our BBQ grill on our deck . . . needless to say, they were toasted out as well!

Made some burgers on it a couple of hours later after burning out their new 'homestead'!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Plagiarized Jerrod's magnetic door catch mod on the entryway door. Nice!!! One hand operation....
Also added a couple more decorative hooks on the front basement wall to hang some of my incidental items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

Will do!

One thing I also did was to fire up the water heater and furnace to blow out any mud daubers that might have wanted to take up residence in the outside heat vents.

If there were any in there . . . they are now toast!

I also found a couple of hornets nests inside of our BBQ grill on our deck . . . needless to say, they were toasted out as well!

Made some burgers on it a couple of hours later after burning out their new 'homestead'!

That might get rid of the daubers but it won't move the nest which is the main problem. I have screens over my heater, fridge, and water heater vents.

danemayer

De-winterized this afternoon to get ready for the Buena Vista Rally. Antifreeze flushed. Water system functional on city water and pump. 30 gallons in the fresh tank. Water heater tested and working. Got a few things loaded in the fridge.