What did you do to your camper today?

carl.swoyer

Last night I did one very minor thing that I've been wanting to do for a long time . . .

There are two lights over the head of the bed mounted to the underside of the cabinets above the bed.

They have always bugged me as they are so bright that I hardly ever used them.

So last night I had them on as I was looking over some paperwork before going to sleep I decided that this was the last time these **** lights were going to blind me!

I went to the junk drawer in the kitchen and grabbed my square head RV screwdriver and reversed each light fixture so that the bulb was facing the wall on each side of the bed instead of toward the middle of the bed.

While it isn't a total game changer . . . it did knock down the blind me factor some.

Yesterday (Tuesday) also became my first official day of full-timers status as I signed the papers and closed on the sale of my house!

Even though I, along with my four kitties, have been living in the Prowler for almost three weeks now.

Guess that was my big news of the day . . . not the light thingy. :rolleyes:
Please post pictures

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Bought a new 32” Vizio Smart LED TV for the living room of the Prowler tonight.

The 24” Vizio that was there is now in the bedroom, and the 19” Vizio that was in the bedroom will now be my outside TV.

Photos coming tomorrow!

Please post pictures

I’m on my iPad and I’ve never been able to post photos here from it, so I’ll do it tomorrow.

I’ll be doing something else for the Prowler tomorrow of Friday and I’ll be sure to post that when I’m ready.

JohnD

Today I went to the bank and paid off the Prowler in full! :D

It is all mine! :cool:

Biggest check I've ever written . . . :p

NewDigsSM.jpg

JohnD

Last night I did one very minor thing that I've been wanting to do for a long time . . .

There are two lights over the head of the bed mounted to the underside of the cabinets above the bed.

They have always bugged me as they are so bright that I hardly ever used them.

So last night I had them on as I was looking over some paperwork before going to sleep I decided that this was the last time these **** lights were going to blind me!

I went to the junk drawer in the kitchen and grabbed my square head RV screwdriver and reversed each light fixture so that the bulb was facing the wall on each side of the bed instead of toward the middle of the bed.

While it isn't a total game changer . . . it did knock down the blind me factor some.

Please post pictures

Basically, I just popped the clear plastic lens cover off and removed the four screws that holds each light up, and flipped the light so that the clear plastic cover was towards the wall instead of the middle of the bed.

While they are still kind of bright, at least now the bright bulb isn't in direct view of my eyes like they were before.

Didn't take a before shot . . .

ProwlerBedroomLight-P2081719.jpg

DougS

Doug S
I re-keyed the outside cabinet locks @ $18 each. I dropped the four locks off at a local locksmith and they were done in one day and are keyed the same.

MountainDon

Do you any pictures?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

I do now. I bought this from All Batery sales & service, it was $72 plus $23 for shipping.
I put a piece of 3/4 ply under it so it wouldn't get damaged by the regular battery holder

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
This has been a busy "fixit" week.
First I discovered the baffle in the AC that directs airflow into the ducts had come loose....resecured in position.
Next, the door latch on the Splendide washer/dryer stopped latching. Ordered and installed a new inner door panel (it's 100% genuine plastic and the piece that retains the pivot pin for the latch disintegrated)
Finally, we joined the ranks of Hisense residential fridge owners who had a thermo fuse fail. Since Hisense doesn't sell parts I've got some ordered from Amazon. Utilizing a workaround in the meantime.
I may not be handsome but at least I'm handy!

MountainDon

I Made an appointment to have Goodyear Endurance radials on our trailer on Tuesday

And Looked at tpms systems as well as ems systems

Don

JohnD

I Made an appointment to have Goodyear Endurance radials on our trailer on Tuesday

And Looked at tpms systems as well as ems systems

I'm getting new tires in the next couple of weeks.

Either Maxxis 8008's or I'm thinking of going with 16" wheels and tires...haven't decided yet.

I have a TPMS system on the trailer.

First time out it alerted me to a nail in the tire.

Kbvols

I'm getting new tires in the next couple of weeks.

Either Maxxis 8008's or I'm thinking of going with 16" wheels and tires...haven't decided yet.

I have a TPMS system on the trailer.

First time out it alerted me to a nail in the tire.

I put Maxxis on my Greystone when I had it. I was extremely satisfied with them. The Maxxis tire where some much better than the blowmax. I rarely had to put air in them as they held the pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

I put Maxxis on my Greystone when I had it. I was extremely satisfied with them. The Maxxis tire where so much better than the blowmax. I rarely had to put air in them as they held the pressure.

I've read a lot about and known several people who have had the Maxxis tires and have heard nothing but good about them.

The new Goodyear Endurance tires intrigue me, but haven't been on the market long enough to have many reviews.

I'll be hitting the road for a few months soon, so I want to make the right choice!

jerryjay11

Installed piano hinges on dinette u-shape seat storage lids so we don't have to wrestle with them anymore. Next project is find the proper size spring struts so we won't have to hold them open when placing items in or removing.

IMG_20180211_142520221.jpg IMG_20180211_144652389.jpg IMG_20180211_145158543.jpg