What does inside Fridge Light Blinking mean?

Schultz14

Hello everybody, We're "camping" in Columbia CA. This afternoon I turned the radio on in the entertainment center and the lights and sound would come on, and then go out. A few minutes later I opened the refrigerator and the light inside was blinking. We have the A/C going and it’s running without any problem. The TV is going also without and problem. We’re connected to a 50-amp service. What does the blinking fridge light mean? Any thoughts?

Thanks, Linda & Augie
At the 49er Ranch
Columbia, CA

Schultz14

Thanks Dan and Ann, I'm having trouble opening the PDF. I'm sure it's a problem with our computer. We head home tomorrow. I'll download the PDF there and try to figure out where the problem is.
Augie

wdk450

I'm thinking you are having some sort of primary 12 volt D.C. problem, aggravated (perhaps) by the trailer vibrations caused by the air conditioner compressor. Monitor DC voltage by turning on and watching a storage compartment light while flexing the battery positive and ground cables. You might just disconnect, clean to bright metal, and reconnect those battery, bus bar, and ground connections to try to fix things, without troubleshooting.
Be safe around the potential high currents in the 12 volt battery system!

RoadJunkie

What manufacture and model is your fridge? Do you have the the source selection (gas/electric) on "Auto"? I seem to recall that my Dometic, non side-by-side, indicator would blink if the unit sensed it needed to be running on gas but could not light. If you had power glitches the fridge could have tried to switch over to gas?

Schultz14

Well we’re home now. But there is a problem somewhere in the 12v system. The battery was dead again Sunday morning when we broke camp to come home. So I plugged the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheel into the truck and everything worked fine, slides in, rear jacks up and the landing gear. However when we got home the landing gear burnt a fuse while I was lifting the 5er off the hitch. It was high enough to get the truck out but the trailer isn’t level. So in the next couple days I’ll find the time to take a look at it and troubleshoot as far as I can. We have an extended warranty that I’ll probably end up using for this. I want to get this fixed and have the Sundance sitting and ready to go again!
I’ll post results as I find them. Still learning about these 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheels here. Thanks for your posts. It’s a good feeling to be far away from home and get such quick response from you veterans!
Augie