What does this switch do?

Offtrail

We have a 2017 North Trail 26' Ultra Lite Caliber for 3 days now. Pretty exciting, lots of learning.
There are 3 switches on the side of the upper kitchen cabinets at the rear door just as you enter on your right. Photo below.

On the left in the photo the first switch turns on the interior kitchen ceiling lights and its partner, on its right, an outside orange light at the top of the outside relatively near the door.

The third switch, alone on the right, we cannot figure out. We heard it might be step lighting outside and have flicked it up and down and walked around in the dark to know avail. Anyone know? or a way to figure it out?

Thanks,

Chas & Bev

Switches.JPG

Last edited:

Offtrail

Rolled down the awning and there they were, a long row of accent lights.
Thank you so much. Only a thousand more questions to go:)
Chas & Bev

pedirob

Ask away, that's what we're here for!

You should also have a small remote that changes the color of the lights - lots of fun! Enjoy your new camper.

Rysonn

You should also have a small remote that changes the color of the lights - lots of fun! Enjoy your new camper.

Hey there, we have the 2019 RG26 toy hauler we just bought. We have the very same awning lights on a switch. For some reason the led's are all different colors, like a rainbow. I was given a remote when we bought it that would appear to control the lights as it is similar to the one for the led on my harley. However, the remote doesn't appear to do anything. I try and change colors, nothing happens, it power on or off on the remote, nothing.

Does it need to some how need to be synced to the lights or something?

pedirob

Hey there, we have the 2019 RG26 toy hauler we just bought. We have the very same awning lights on a switch. For some reason the led's are all different colors, like a rainbow. I was given a remote when we bought it that would appear to control the lights as it is similar to the one for the led on my harley. However, the remote doesn't appear to do anything. I try and change colors, nothing happens, it power on or off on the remote, nothing.

Does it need to some how need to be synced to the lights or something?

Here are some things to try:
-The lights need to be turned on at the switch
-Check if there is a little plastic or paper thing to pull out to activate the battery
-Maybe it needs a new battery
-I've found you have to point the remote right at the receiver, which on mine is at the front end of the LED strip

Hope something works for you!

EyesNEars

You have an extra switch and I'm looking for a switch to operate some outdoor lights...could you try your switch for me just to check and see if it turns these LEDs on?

bigbear13b

Hey pedirob, or anyone really,

I bought my QB300 a couple moths ago, My awning and undercarriage LEDs are all RED I didn't get a remote with it. Is there a brand that is common with heartland that I could purchase an aftermarket remote or maybe an app to control them with. I dont mind the red but would like to be able to change the colors.