What happened to spring?

ct0218

This last week in PA we have seen snow, sleet and freezing rain--and 27* a couple mornings. When we left NC it was spring. Oh well! We pulled into a campground in Kinzers, PA., then missed my turn in the campground because I was busy looking at another Landmark. This one had a full paint job, and was it stunning. First one I've seen and it is beautiful. Not sure who it is yet.

ChopperBill

Yeah, was suppose to pull the rig up to our Wyoming spot tomorrow. I think they got at least a foot of snow there. Hoping for next week.

RollingHome

Clark, welcome to PA ya need anything just give me a yell. 302-218-9886 if you and the misses what to borrow my car to go explore just sing out. Tom

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We are IN Wyoming...Rawlins to be exact!! Last day and half was no fun...but we're pulling out this morning heading for Jackson, WY. There was about 8 inches snow on the ground by mid-morning yesterday, now it's all gone and the roads are clear.

I certainly hope this is the last of the winter mess in this part of the country...and I really hope Yellowstone is worth all this. We've experienced every kind of weather you can think of in the last two weeks...even lost our main slide-room topper to almost 80 mph winds in Longmont, CO. Yeah...we're ready for spring!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We are IN Wyoming...Rawlins to be exact!! Last day and half was no fun...but we're pulling out this morning heading for Jackson, WY. There was about 8 inches snow on the ground by mid-morning yesterday, now it's all gone and the roads are clear.

I certainly hope this is the last of the winter mess in this part of the country...and I really hope Yellowstone is worth all this. We've experienced every kind of weather you can think of in the last two weeks...even lost our main slide-room topper to almost 80 mph winds in Longmont, CO. Yeah...we're ready for spring!!

A few years back we got caught in a blizzard just east of Yellowstone in the 2nd week of June. Be careful and have fun.

loafer

We are in Wawa Ontario Canada been on the road for 12 days left home May 1 rst. weather been cold and wet for the most part trailer is filthy so is truck. Snowed in Edmonton Alberta for an extra day stay back may 3rd. we will be going to PA June 25 or so after touring the East coast of Canada and US.Going to Marks rally in marengo Ohio then to Intl Rally Nashville .
Then off to the west caost to California and Oregon before coming home mid august.
Bill

ct0218

Clark, welcome to PA ya need anything just give me a yell. 302-218-9886 if you and the misses what to borrow my car to go explore just sing out. Tom
We drove thru Lancaster today on our way to Hershey. Thanks for the offer, but we just drive the dually everywhere. Some of the roads are pretty rough here, must be the winters! I have the truck tires up to 80 because of the Landmark weight, and it will jar your teeth loose on some of these roads. Beautiful country here, really has developed since my last vist 25 years ago. We'll be here another week, then down to Gettysburg for a few days. Clark

RollingHome

Clark, you’re not going to believe this... I don't. I believe I bumped into you today on the way to the target range ! You were stopped out in the middle of nowhere SE of Lancaster in Christiana township at a stop sign (and you had that "where am I look) I drove by ya. I thought you needed help so I backed up and offered ya help. You said "I have a GPS but..." Then I welcomed you to PA and said feel free to stop get out, walk around because you're in safe surroundings... It gets even spookier. I had my 88yo dad in the car and later I took him up to the PA. RR museum. We walk around inside, (we both walk with canes). We leave and who's Chevy dually w/ a 5er hitch (...Log Homes) do I see parked - yours !!! Was that you ? and what a coincidence huh ? Rod Sterling must be near by... Don't touch your volume, we are in complete control, this is the Twilight Zone... Tom

PS. Clark, we Pennsylvania's are proud of our roads ! They were voted "WORST in nation" 10 years running by "Truckers Magazine". PA is the state where other states send their hi-way engineers to learn how NOT to do it ! Potholes and ruts are our specialty. Did you see the signs at the border "PA, enter at your own risk"... PA is used by the military as a severe test track for their rolling equipment, it's called "The Pennsylvania Turnpike". Makes ya appreciate those smooth NC roads huh ? Enjoy your stay and don't forget to pick up a shoo-fly pie, some whoopie pies and don't even try our scrapple it was never meant to be eaten by humans. Watch your speed over near Strasburg, it's full of revenue roads ! Try the Strasburg Inn for lunch you'll enjoy their "loaf of soup", it's delicious ! Tally Ho. Tom

ct0218

Tom,
That is really weird that we were at the same place at the same time -- twice. We were checking out all the covered bridges in our area today (Must be 75 - 100 in Lancaster County alone) and the road names didn't match up exactly with the GPS. I appreciate your stopping to ask if we needed help. I do exactly the same thing when I see people that look lost around the Great Smoky Mountains NP at home. I wish that we had known at the time our paths crossed! We found a small Amish bakery off US 30 that is really good. How is it that that they stay so slim when they bake like they do? Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet at the opportunities presented us. Take care...

RollingHome

Clark, so it was you... is that wierd or what... I mean common, you know how remote you were ! Well at least you know in all sincerity, us folks are warm. You know it wasn't an act an welcome to my neck of the woods, please come back :)... still weird huh ? Next time hit me up ahead of time and I can give you the skinny on where and what. What part of NC do you hail from my friend ? Me an Patti love the NC coast, been there often.

ct0218

We're high in the NC mountains, on the east side of GSMNP, about 35 miles W of Asheville. We have the Biltmore Estate, the Blue Ridge Parkway, the tallest mountain east of the Mississippi, Dollywood, Sevierville, Cherokee, great trout fishing, solitude if you want it, beautiful scenery--all less than an hours drive from our home. Like Lancaster, you can't see it all in a week. Come check it out!

Elevatorman

ct0218---We are planning an early fall trip to your area this year and I'm wanting to know what your hometown suggestion for a good, quiet, roomy, full hookup CG in that area would be? Don't mind a little day time traveling. Haven't been up there in awhile, and have always loved the NC mountains. I've read through many in RV Park Reviews and found that many CG's have little room for larger rigs, (trees and swinging room), and questionable access in and out. You cannot beat good recomendations to prevent a bad CG choice! J.

RollingHome

Clark, Don't be surprised if I drop you a PM in a couple of years and "remember me Clark, could you send me a suggestion on what's hot in the good ole GSM area of late, (I won't bug ya past that)... We hopefully will get to enjoy your back yard some day... By the way, the movie Witness was filmed a couple of miles from where we met at the stop sign. It was mostly filmed in Bart Township. Harrison Ford's trailer was parked in front of a friends house and my friend let them use his electric... Hollywood paid his entire bill, not a bad deal. Hollywood also went into the Bart drygoods store and bought every bolt of material they had in stock. The Amish owners were astonished. A guy who worked for my wife (he's a very talented Italian tailor) made all the fake Amish costumes... pretty neat huh ? I never got to meet any of the actors, etc. ta

ct0218

ct0218---We are planning an early fall trip to your area this year and I'm wanting to know what your hometown suggestion for a good, quiet, roomy, full hookup CG in that area would be? Don't mind a little day time traveling. Haven't been up there in awhile, and have always loved the NC mountains. I've read through many in RV Park Reviews and found that many CG's have little room for larger rigs, (trees and swinging room), and questionable access in and out. You cannot beat good recomendations to prevent a bad CG choice! J.
Moonshine Creek, in Balsam, just 2 miles from my house is nice. Very quiet, stream running thru the middle right by your rig. A tight turn in the middle but my sisters 40' diesel pusher makes it. I also have some friends that operate Pride Resort, listed under the town of Maggie Valley. Their sites are large, all pull thru's, and can handle any size RV. A little more expensive, lots of activities there, not not as quaint, but a lot more sites. Creekside next door is nice, not as large a campground so fewer sites. Both are easy to get to, full hookup, etc. They both fill up to capacity every fall so reservations are required (read required-not suggested) to get any good site. All three are operated by very friendly and helpful people. Last year was a good tourist year everywhere here but once I-40 closed due to the rockslide business dropped off about 25%. The interstate reopened a couple weeks ago, 1 lane W and 2 E. Contact me if you need anything---1-888-321-0967.

ct0218

Clark, Don't be surprised if I drop you a PM in a couple of years and "remember me Clark, could you send me a suggestion on what's hot in the good ole GSM area of late, (I won't bug ya past that)... We hopefully will get to enjoy your back yard some day... By the way, the movie Witness was filmed a couple of miles from where we met at the stop sign. It was mostly filmed in Bart Township. Harrison Ford's trailer was parked in front of a friends house and my friend let them use his electric... Hollywood paid his entire bill, not a bad deal. Hollywood also went into the Bart drygoods store and bought every bolt of material they had in stock. The Amish owners were astonished. A guy who worked for my wife (he's a very talented Italian tailor) made all the fake Amish costumes... pretty neat huh ? I never got to meet any of the actors, etc. ta
Very interesting Tom. I enjoyed the movie a lot. Call me anytime, be glad to help. You'll love the area too.