What is the best spray for your rv tires?

happykraut

What is the best spray to use for your tires to keep them shiny and protected? I've read where some sprays actually damage your tires.

MTPockets

The Goodyear web site on tire care says to clean the tires regularly and to not use cleaners or sealers with alcohol or petroleum products. Some of the tire coatings do have petroleum products, so check the ingredients label.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have read that some tire sprays are not good for the tire. Guess you have to read the label.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I really think that the best spray for the tires is water with some soap! I like me tires to shine also but I don't think any of that stuff is really good for tires as it tends to dri-rot them.

1231ChaseB

You want a water based product ! It will look like milk and it works great for looks ! I got mine at NAPA place !
chaseb

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
BTW SunBlock has UV inhibitors in it, and is more like a black paint. You have to paint it on, it's not a spray. It does make your tires look brand new again. But you have to be careful not to get it on anything but the tires, which is a bit challenging lying under the coach to reach the backside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Just cleaned and protected entire rig with 303 including the tires and all rubber seals and wipers. Great stuff. It does look like milk and will make the rubber shine.

JanAndBill

Just cleaned and protected entire rig with 303 including the tires and all rubber seals and wipers. Great stuff. It does look like milk and will make the rubber shine.

Just went over all the decals, exposed plastic, rubber, etc. with 303. Like the way it works, but use MeGuiar's on paint and tires.