what is this tool for??

Gaffer

It would be good to see a photo with the top wood trim removed. It does not look like this one piece trim is easily removed.
That's exactly what its for. It is used on the electric bedroom slide motor made by Bal Accu Slide. Getting to that motor is another story.

Harry1

Gaffer I agree. I have not had to remove the top wood trim but maybe someone has and can post some info on how to do it. Seems like a strange place to put a motor with no access.

wrgrs50s

Mine has a vinyl covered front piece (kinda like a window valance) with button tucks. The buttons will pop off and expose a screw under each. I removed the screws and was able to access the motor. Some motors are on top and others are on bottom. Not sure what you have on a big horn.

pegmikef

Mike, I was told the same. Tool is for the electric slide in Bighorn bedroom. (May also work on Hyd pump as well) Did they show you the panel that has to be removed for the slide motor? Is it the wood trim/header across the top of the slide? If so, how do you get it off? Thanks

Yeah John, what he showed me was the back panel of the storage compartment under the bed. I haven't looked, but it makes sense that that is where the motor would be given that all of the electric is there too. It looks like the whole back panel of the storage compartment is attached with screws and the whole thing can be removed. I know some folks have removed it to do other modifications or repairs. Maybe they will chime in.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yeah John, what he showed me was the back panel of the storage compartment under the bed. I haven't looked, but it makes sense that that is where the motor would be given that all of the electric is there too. It looks like the whole back panel of the storage compartment is attached with screws and the whole thing can be removed. I know some folks have removed it to do other modifications or repairs. Maybe they will chime in.

Here's a pic of the motor behind said access panel under our bed.
f337296ee6230e0092bfbc62e2e7d265.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have 3 of these in my home toolbox. 1/4"...3/8"...1/2" drive "flex extension" that I bought from Snap-On. Any automotive tool dealer will have one if you ever loose it....heck even Napa might have them. They have been around for 30 years.

whp4262

There is a sticker on the end of the hydraulic slide motor. Under the sticker is a hole where you can insert the tool and drive the motor with a drill to move the slides if the hydraulic motor quits working.

danemayer

I believe the hydraulic pump manual override requires a hex bit, not a square bit. I have a 6" phillips #2 bit that I put in the drill chuck backwards so the hex end goes into the hydraulic pump.

Brazos

Dan, An easy way to make one of those hex bits is to take a long (1" to 1 1/2") bit and use a Dremel to cut the slot end off and you will have a hex bit. Handy bit to have around.

whp4262

I believe the hydraulic pump manual override requires a hex bit, not a square bit. I have a 6" phillips #2 bit that I put in the drill chuck backwards so the hex end goes into the hydraulic pump.

I think you are correct on that. I looked in the manual for my electric bedroom slide and it shows this tool.