What you never want for your RV!

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Yes, they make the parts to order for each trailer.

Terry H

Staff member
This morning I delivered the trailer to the truck frame and alignment shop for suspension repairs. They did not finish the repairs today; we are expecting they will be able to finish the repairs and alignment in the morning. Then maybe we can head down the road tomorrow.

Terry H

Staff member
How did your frame fare with the bent jack?

As far as I can tell, the frame is not bent. The frame and alignment shop was not able to finish the alignment today we are hoping they will finish tomorrow. When I pick it up I will ask them if the frame was bent in the center jack area.

Attachments

• DSC08619.JPG
    DSC08619.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC08613.JPG
    DSC08613.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 46

Bones

I would say that the frame looks good. The jack's bracket gave way. Did they replace the jack and weld a new bracket on? Good luck on the alignment. If they haven't aligned it by tomorrow they may not know how. Just a random thought.

Terry H

Staff member
I would say that the frame looks good. The jack's bracket gave way. Did they replace the jack and weld a new bracket on? Good luck on the alignment. If they haven't aligned it by tomorrow they may not know how. Just a random thought.[/QUOITE]

My main goal at this time is to be able to safely tow the trailer back to Dallas, without tires scrubbing or excessive wear. In Dallas I will have the body work and other additional damaged items repaired.

Bones

I would say that the frame looks good. The jack's bracket gave way. Did they replace the jack and weld a new bracket on? Good luck on the alignment. If they haven't aligned it by tomorrow they may not know how. Just a random thought.[/QUOITE]

My main goal at this time is to be able to safely tow the trailer back to Dallas, without tires scrubbing or excessive wear. In Dallas I will have the body work and other additional damaged items repaired.
Worst case you can put on really cheap tires tie up the damaged section of your suspension and limp back home on three tires. Not ideal but I think it could be done.

Terry H

Staff member
Worst case you can put on really cheap tires tie up the damaged section of your suspension and limp back home on three tires. Not ideal but I think it could be done.

When the frame and alignment shop completes the repairs the suspension will be better than new. It is very had to do cheap tires in 17.5" trailer tires!

.....And now back to our regularly scheduled program. :)

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Thinking of you guys. Hope you have a safe run back to Big D. I40 from Memphis to Little Rock will test things out for running on a rough road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry H

Staff member
Yes, we know. We seem to travel that section of I-40 about once a year. Was there any construction zones? Any construction delays?

Terry H

Staff member
Our Landmark ended up being in the shop for 2 1/2 days, while our trailer was in the shop we spent 2 nights in a motel. This afternoon the truck frame and alignment called to tell us our trailer was ready to pick up. Carol and I drove to the shop, paid the shop and picked up our Landmark. We drove the trailer to a rest stop to check out tires for possible abnormal tire wear since we picked up the trailer and I did not see any abnormal tire wear. Then we drove to Tom Sawyer RV Park in West Memphis for the night. Tomorrow we will head home to Dallas.

If you are in the Memphis area and need trailer alignment I would recommend Leland Sowell Truck Frame and Alignment Shop in Memphis, TN. They did an excellent job, and I believe the alignment is better when it left Mor-Ryde.

olcoon

Terry, hated to hear about this. i know how well you take care of & maintain your coach. Glad to hear you've got it back & are back on the road. Hopefully you'll get everything done with no further problems!

Terry H

Staff member
Thanks, Roy. We arrived home at 1:30 PM. Our trip home was uneventful, which was great. The trailer alignment and suspension work great.

Now, it is time to unpack the trailer, winterize the plumbing and take it to the RV Shop for body and miscellaneous repairs.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks, Roy. We arrived home at 1:30 PM. Our trip home was uneventful, which was great. The trailer alignment and suspension work great.

Now, it is time to unpack the trailer, winterize the plumbing and take it to the RV Shop for body and miscellaneous repairs.

Terry, where are you taking it? Would be good to know a good body shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry H

Staff member
Ancira RV in Alverado. I have used them before, they do awesome work. Previously they replaced a rubber roof and some body work. Also they have an 70' spray booth.