What's behind the Washer?

mlpeloquin

Installed the drip pan in mine and routed the hose behind the chase under the dresser down into the propane cabinet open to the ground. I was careful to make sure that the hose was level or slanting down while it was being installed. Any leak under the washer will flow to the outside. The pan does not cost much. Don't just yank the chase apart. You can easily locate the fasteners to remove them using a magnet.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Installed the drip pan in mine and routed the hose behind the chase under the dresser down into the propane cabinet open to the ground. I was careful to make sure that the hose was level or slanting down while it was being installed. Any leak under the washer will flow to the outside. The pan does not cost much. Don't just yank the chase apart. You can easily locate the fasteners to remove them using a magnet.

That's what I did...after mine leaked :(. The water distribution assy. had an internal failure and was shooting water out the top, hitting the top cover and running down and out along the inner side wall of the machine. I have photos of the leak from my diagnosis of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cands

At least in my rig (3010RE) there is a false wall. I took that out and moved services around to the side wall. Gives more room front to back of washer.

I had had that same drip after installing my washer. What I found was the brass valve HL used had a nub on it that kept the water connection from being able to be turned tight enough to seal. That nub made me think it was tight when the hose fitting was just hitting the nub

solution was to double washer the fitting. This allowed the fitting to seal before I hit the nup

this was the other motivation to change the fittings and move it....while the double washer worked I did not feel there were enough threads engaged.

I got behind the wall and found the hoses to the valves dry. I checked the trap, and it was loose. I tightened it up and thought my problems were over, put a little heater on it to dry up the carpet for the day and turning it off last night. I got up this morning and lo and behold, it's wet again. I put my fingers up where the washer hoses screw onto the valve, It was wet. Now, I'm wondering if I should do what you did and double up on the washers as this would be the second time that they have leaked although my waterpumps put the hand of God on them the last time.

Garypowell

Not sure if you mean the double washer idea or moving and replacing the valve but both are a good idea.

By moving everything to the side you gain space in front....I now can store my shoes there.

You will also notice, at least on mine, that the front legs of the washer were sitting on a very flimsy piece of carpeted wood. Moving the washer back put it all on one piece of wood.

I am am not at the trailer now but used shark bites to bring water up to side and then right angled into some big paddle handled water valves from Home Depot meant for garden hose use. This makes it easier to turn the unit off when not in use....I also installed a switch so it is electrically isolated too.

Gone from rom unit for a week. It is in Memphis while we head to Colorado for a weeks training on what my wife sells....I'll see if I have some stored pictures.