What's your favorite carry weapon?

Capt7383

Kel Tec 3AT fits in pocket real nice. In another life I carried a Sig 229 in 40. at work now its a Glock 23 40cal. When we go to Alaska I plan to mail my handgun to myself back home or to my P.O. son in law, whilst in Canada Mossberg 12 ga.

jimtoo

Hi Capt7383,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Capt7383

Thanks so much for the welcome. I will take advantage of everyones knowledge especially since we are new at this. We bought the truck and come Jan at the Cleveland RV show we plan on buying a big country 3070 re. I'm sure I will be asking tons of questions

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mounted this baby instead of a satellite dish.
Had to relocate the front AC though.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• Roof Mount.jpg
    Roof Mount.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 62

Devi1Dog

My main CC is the SIG P238, .380, and my weapon of choice to leave by the bed is my HK 45, full-size. My other weapons are in the bunk house in my soon to be modified hidden gun and ammo storage slide. As soon as I get through I will take photo's and post up the drawings that I finalize them.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Devi1Dog. This is a great forum for gathering and sharing information about our RV's.
Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Peace
Dave

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
For these ladies who are not found of haveing a gun can use a very small and very bright flah light works great also. Shine this light into the eyes of the person you want to back off and works very well.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
For these ladies who are not found of haveing a gun can use a very small and very bright flah light works great also. Shine this light into the eyes of the person you want to back off and works very well.

I have tried this tactic as a Police Officer and all it tended to do was escalate the situation. You would be much better using Pepper Spray or a Taser. Taser does make the C2 for civilian use. You can check it out here http://www.taser.com/products/self-defense-products/taser-c2?gclid=CIfBpJ-PursCFWRk7AodiTMAKA

pegmikef

I have tried this tactic as a Police Officer and all it tended to do was escalate the situation. You would be much better using Pepper Spray or a Taser. Taser does make the C2 for civilian use. You can check it out here http://www.taser.com/products/self-defense-products/taser-c2?gclid=CIfBpJ-PursCFWRk7AodiTMAKA

A friend of mine sent me a deal that said some of the self defense instructors are pushing the use of Hornet/Wasp spray. It shoots about 20 feet and is blinding until an antidote can be administered. Suggested keeping a can in the car and one by your door.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would think that a very bright flash of light from the muzzle would be a bit more effective.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would think that a very bright flash of light from the muzzle would be a bit more effective.

Peace
Dave

Definitely a longer lasting effect. Especially since the flash will be quickly followed by an expanding metal object.

alex00

A friend of mine sent me a deal that said some of the self defense instructors are pushing the use of Hornet/Wasp spray. It shoots about 20 feet and is blinding until an antidote can be administered. Suggested keeping a can in the car and one by your door.

I would be very careful carrying something as a weapon that was not intended to be a weapon. There is a big difference between a weapon of opportunity and carrying poison with the intention of using it for self defense. You may be perfectly legal in your state carrying wasp spray as mugger deterrent, but using it on someone may open you up to severe civil judgements. Imagine the poor blinded robber crying on the stand that your cruel and unusual torture method permanently ended his blossoming speed reading career. I'd much rather explain my actions using legitimate weapons for self defense to a civil jury.

Oh, and in the spirit of the thread, I carry a Glock 34, Colt 6940 and a Ruger LCP.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would be very careful carrying something as a weapon that was not intended to be a weapon. There is a big difference between a weapon of opportunity and carrying poison with the intention of using it for self defense. You may be perfectly legal in your state carrying wasp spray as mugger deterrent, but using it on someone may open you up to severe civil judgements. Imagine the poor blinded robber crying on the stand that your cruel and unusual torture method permanently ended his blossoming speed reading career. I'd much rather explain my actions using legitimate weapons for self defense to a civil jury.

Oh, and in the spirit of the thread, I carry a Glock 34, Colt 6940 and a Ruger LCP.

Another problem with using a spray of anykind is wind. Are you sure in the heat of the moment the wind is blowing away from you. Ask any Police Officer who has got a face full of Pepper Spray intended for a suspect.