Wheel alignment

dieseldogsdad

I am going to pick up my new Bighorn 3750FL tomorrow. From what I understandall Bighorns come with the Correct Track system. Does heartland align these trailers after they are built and before they leave the factory?

danemayer

you'll want to wait until the rig is loaded. the weight variance is the main thing Correct Track helps with.

sengli

I was pretty sure they didnt do this at the factory. Seems as if I was told this alighnment, was to be done, with the coach fully loaded with all your stuff. There was another recent post about alighnments, and seems as if most people went to a truck frame shop this work.

GOTTOYS

Correct Track is something of a gimmick in my opinion. It will only adjust one part of the alignment, tracking, or how how square the tires are with the frame and each other. When I buy my next trailer it will go directly to a heavy truck alignment shop. There they can adjust tracking, toe and camber and probably for the same amount of money an RV dealer will charge to adjust the Correct Track. Trailers are not aligned when they are built and they will only be as good as the person that welded up the spring hangers and axles...I rest my case....Don

Birchwood

Heartland don't even balance the tires and as far as wheel alignment goes most tires will time out
before a poor aligned wheel will wear out.Unless you are travelling constantly don't worry about alignment!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I have our axles aligned every spring before camping season (with lots of road traveling) begins and the tires rotated and balanced. The reason is because of all the twisting axles due when you do normal turning as well as backing. We have put Correct Track on 2 campers and our current coach came with it already installed. Yes, load the camper with your normal stuff and take a couple of short trips before having the alignment checked. Ours at first without our gear only showed less than a 1/4" difference but after loading and taking a couple of 300 miles trips, the recheck was almost 3/4" out on one side. Big difference. I do agree to get to a truck alignment place or a dealer who understands how to align axles. 90% of rv dealerships don't understand alignments and will tell you that it's normal to be 1/4" to 1/2" difference between axles. 1/4" ok but 1/2" no! Tire wear will be pretty extensive around 1/2" or more.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We had our Bighorn for about 4 months (4000 miles) before we took it in to the shop and discovered that the alignment was out and had it adjusted. When we purchased the Landmark, we had it checked at the dealership and it was within specs. Probably worth having your selling dealer check it. Make it part of the deal.

Rod Ditrich

Grey Ghost

I have a 2011 29mk greystone that weighs in at about 9600 lbs dry, is is necessary to have the 5ver tire alignment done? Never had it done before on any of my units. I run with Michelin tires and have not noticed any wear problems. We pull about 2 or 3 thousand miles per year and have the bearings done every year, no one ever asked about tire alignment.