Where do you get a good deal on a new Big Horn?

Georgia_Biker

We have a 2014 BH 3610RE and a Ram 2500 pulling it. We have already ordered a new Ram 3500 and are moving up to the BH3875FB with the front bath - love the plan!

Here is my question - we live near Atlanta, GA and purchased our last BH at Camping World - Oakwood, GA ( very long story, but will never do business with them) - where do you go to get good pricing?

Heartland lists many dealers in our area but very few stock Big Horns.

Is pricing as good when you order? Is it better to find one in stock? Do I need to travel across country - there are many advertised online.

We also will be trading in our 3610RE

Would appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Thanks

AAdams

We were in Texas when we decided to trade our '15 Road Warrior. After trying to deal with the dealers down there we made a deal with Tim at Terrytown RV in Grand Rapids MI on our '16 Bighorn 3750FL. Our unit was ordered. We knew we would take a hit for trading in a one year unit, but the difference between the dealers in TX and MI was significant.

AAdams

So Alan-

Will you and Debra take your 15 Road Warrior all the way to Michigan to do the deal?

Yes, we pulled the Road Warrior to MI. We traded it in on Tuesday. We are now in the Bighorn and loving it. We are staying in at Alice Springs RV park about 35 miles east of Grand Rapids until Monday to be able to check out the unit before going to St. Peters MO.

Alan

aRAYwego

We got just as good a price on our ordered unit as we could get on any lot unit we could find. Much of this is going to depend on the dealer you chose.

HOGHAULER

We are enroute from Florida to Michigan to pick up our 2016 Big Horn 3875 FB and trade in our 2009 Big Horn 3600 RL.

BOTH purchases were made at Lakeshore RV in Muskegon Michigan. We custom ordered our 3875FB.

We shopped and shopped in Florida and NO ONE could touch Lakeshore's prices.

We left Silver Springs FL this morning 7 am and we are now parked in Sweetwater TN at a KOA overnite heading to Michigan for our Monday morning delivery.

OMG traffic thru Atlanta is a white knuckle ride for sure.

Hope this helps.
Susan

pegmikef

I got what I consider a pretty good deal from Big Country RV just west of Abilene on I-20, but that is a far piece from Atlanta. Phil, one of the owners, gave me a very fair price on my North Trail Trade in and a very good deal on the BH I ordered. I did most of it via email . . . told him what I wanted specifying the options (e.g., G614 tires, upgraded axles, convection oven, etc.) and told him what I had and described it (upgraded tires, recent bearing repack, etc.). He responded with a trade in value and the price for custom ordering the BH. It ended up being the best price I could find so I gave him the obligatory ten percent down to order the BH and I have towed it over 15k miles in less than two years with no major issues. It does pay to look around.

brianlajoie

Looking at RVtrader, there are 53 3875FB's on the market right now with varying prices. When I bought my trailer, I started local and found the model we wanted. The dealer was not that interested in selling the trailer below 15% off MSRP. I looked on line to see what options I could get with same model the available trailers. I bought a 2014 when the 2015's were out and beat the local price by over 20k for the same model and year. The trailer had everyting but double pane windows and the winter package. I know I won't be camping in the artic, so not a problem. I traveled a thousand miles to pick mine up. I would recommend looking at the on line trailers to educate yourself on what the market is doing currently.

Bobby A

We are enroute from Florida to Michigan to pick up our 2016 Big Horn 3875 FB and trade in our 2009 Big Horn 3600 RL.

BOTH purchases were made at Lakeshore RV in Muskegon Michigan. We custom ordered our 3875FB.

We left Silver Springs FL this morning 7 am and we are now parked in Sweetwater TN at a KOA overnite heading to Michigan for our Monday morning delivery.

Hope this helps.
Susan

We are also in Fl. and are heading back to MI. next Saturday, we go thru Lakeshore in Muskegon every August to check out the new Heartland products as we are in Muskegon to see family. We take i75 to and from Fl. to MI. all the time. Just an FYI its best to go thru Atlanta between 10am and 2pm. If your taking i75 coming back south there is a KOA 1 hour north of Atlanta in Cartersville GA we stay at all the time, so we leave Cartersville at 9AM and arrive in Atlanta around 10ish. I know what ya mean Atlanta can be rough. That's why we stay at Cartersville so we can get through Atlanta while we are still fresh from a good overnight sleep. JMHO

Kbvols

Hope this helps.
Susan

Quite a bit of construction on 75 from south of Lexington Ky for several miles replacing then thru Cincy and Dayton try to go thru after 9am and take it easy. Then again from south of Lima OH for about a 10 mile stretch want to stay in left hand lane as the right is rough and un level. Construction again from north of Findlay OH thru Toledo . For the most part traffic flows thru the area are not too bad but roads rough in spots so take it easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kowAlski631

D
Larry I think McGeorge,s Rolling Hills RV in
Richmond,Virginia has good prices, many heartlanders have purchased from them.
Linda

We got ours there. Salesman Joe was great. Not sure if he's still there, but he knew his stuff.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I would down load the HL BH MSRP from the forum. Add up all the options you want. get a total and deduct 25-30% off that price and start from there.

Bobby A

Quite a bit of construction on 75 from south of Lexington Ky for several miles replacing then thru Cincy and Dayton try to go thru after 9am and take it easy. Then again from south of Lima OH for about a 10 mile stretch want to stay in left hand lane as the right is rough and un level. Construction again from north of Findlay OH thru Toledo . For the most part traffic flows thru the area are not too bad but roads rough in spots so take it easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that heads up on construction.

Bobby A

How bout that RV4less ?? I don't have any experience with them but I've heard of others on these forums that have.

drdsunny

We just bought a 2016 Bighorn 3270RS and absolutely love it. Once we decided on Bighorn and that particular floor plan we shopped nationally. We live in Topeka, KS and didn't really care where it came from as we are not staying here permanently. Pete's RV in Indiana crushed the competition. I was terrified to purchase online but the price was incredible. Once we made the deal I was then afraid I would get to Indiana and there would be several punch list items to deal with. I am happy to report we didn't have a single issue. I don't know how much of that can be attributed to the factory or the dealer making sure everything was perfect. Either way it was an outstanding experience with Pete's.

Georgia_Biker

As Paul Harvey would say - here is the rest of the story -
We placed an order with McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV in Ashland, VA. I feel pretty good about the purchase - the sales girl Melissa was very helpful and prompt with information and price option requests. "Taz" was the closer and again all good.

I got pricing from Lakeshore RV, Gillette RV, and Terrytown RV. Overall Gillette had the best pricing but the travel distance and overnight expense and fuel costs made purchasing from McGeorge our choice. We live near Atlanta, GA. The travel expense and time offset the price difference and the dealer agreed to swap over our generator which Gillette could not do.

It was eye opening how easy it was to "shop on line". Granted we have not picked it up yet - about 8 weeks I am told but we will see.

On a closing note I contacted no less than four Camping World dealers close to me to save travel expense and none would give me a Factory Order price - all wanted to sell me out of their inventory and compromise on our wants.

Needless to say we are excited about getting a new BH just like we want it-