Where there is the problem....

2010augusta

So, today I decided to finally tract down why every now and then we get water under the bathroom sink. I could run lots of water down the drain and never see a drip, but occasionally we get puddles in the cabinet. I started to dismantle the drain assembly and quickly found the issue was a split seal/o-ring. I was removing the nut that holds the drain in the sink when I realized that the drain had no overflow port, even though the sink has an overflow drain, So now I have to call Heartland on Monday and see if they will pay for a correct one or if I have to cut a hole in the factory unit. So you all might want to check yours to see if you have a overflow port or not.
DSCN9683.JPG

John T Bettencourt

2010 Ausgusta, While you are under there stiffen up the rod for the drain plug. Mine was so flimsey that I put a piece of medal along side of it. I taped it together and now works very well.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The first time we used our trailer, I tracked the leak in the lavatory sink to the poorly installed gasket under the drain flange inside the sink. I'll have to remember to look at that drain pipe next spring.

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Replaced mine with a brand name product from local plumbing store and no more problems ;). easy fix and did not call heartland.

debandal

Alan, our 2009-3400RE, as well as 2 other Bighorns that I know of were delivered up here to Calgary AB last year and were all leaking at the sink gaskets. Plumbers putty around the sink drain and properly tighting of the flange seemed to be the answer.
AL