Where to set slide supports

I want to put slidewinde slide supports under my big speed out (m32) should I put them on the edge of the slide outs? The flooring is so ridged I don’t really know where the rails are. Can’t find a diagram.
Thabks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Looking the instructions for this product, it seems to be made to go under the "slide mechanism". In the case of your Mallard, it's my guess that your slide room is operated by an electric motor. As such, there may be no visible "slide mechanism" under the slide.

Most people don't use anything to support their slides as it just isn't needed. If you are determined to use them, consider fitting a long 2x4 into the product's u-channel. Depending on the length of the slide, use at least 2 of the supports under the slide.

Slide_Winder.jpg

slidewinder.jpg

Garypowell

After 22 years of moving about twice a week (we traveled about 5 months a year) our Big Horn is now sitting in a permanent site. Slides will come in and out only twice a year. So I just bought and installed 2 sets of supports for my two major slides.

Our slides are hydraulic so there are (2) toothed bars that run outboard on each slide. I put them under these bars about 2/3 the way out.

I have used horse stall mat material for leveling for years so I cut out a small piece from an unused mat to protect the slide.

Not a great improvement in stability as the rig is now supported by blocks in 4 places besides the tires and front jacks.....but I feel it is helping to make the slides a little more stable.

jerryjay11

Looking the instructions for this product, it seems to be made to go under the "slide mechanism". In the case of your Mallard, it's my guess that your slide room is operated by an electric motor. As such, there may be no visible "slide mechanism" under the slide.

Most people don't use anything to support their slides as it just isn't needed. If you are determined to use them, consider fitting a long 2x4 into the product's u-channel. Depending on the length of the slide, use at least 2 of the supports under the slide.

View attachment 58779

View attachment 58780
Agree. Typically not needed unless you are a seasonal camper and leave the slides extended during the season. My TT manual says to retract the slide if not in use for any extended period of time. The 2x4 idea is a pretty good one at that.

I did add the 2x4s and drilled the jacks, put screws in so I don’t have to worry about separating the jacks and blocks. I wish I could find a diagram of the framework under the slide.
What happens and the reason for the jacks is that when setting up I get camper level and the put slide out, the slide isn’t as level as the main floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Garage Sale, according to most manufacturers. Ask yourself, what happens if a tire goes flat?

esscobra

have yet to see on any of these forums where 2 tires blew while sitting, as well as you will most likely have other forms of support under the frame- on previous tt 32ft- even with additional camco jacks under frame in 4 spots - 2 front 2 rear - with 4 oem electric stabilizers - had one big slide on off door side ad putting them made a big difference , would only put out if going to be stationary for more than a few days-