Where's my water heater bypass valve?

Booch

I've looked all over this thing, inside the compartments, under the beds, etc. Where is my water heater bypass so I can winterize this thing? It's a 2015 North Trail 24BHS.

You'd think it'd be easy to find, right? But the owners manual isn't much help. We breezed over it in the walk-through, and it's not where the salesman said it would be.

Thanks.

guyc66

Have you looked at the backside of your HWH? I would think it has two PEX lines going in/out of it (red&blue) with valves that need to be closed for winterizing and then a line connecting those two with a valve that needs to be opened to bypass the HWH. Maybe yours is different, but I imagine it is similiar.

JanAndBill

Not sure on this one, but when we had a SOB travel trailer, it was behind an L-shaped panel that was screwed in place in one of the storage compartments. Think there were 2 or 3 ball valves plumbed into the lines that you had to change. As I recall, they were close to were we hooked up the water.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a link for the answer to your question. [LINK]
Seems it is located under the oven.

Peace
Dave

Booch

Thanks. I've posted over on that thread now. I've been under the couch, and apparently I'm missing something because I didn't see it.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thanks. I've posted over on that thread now. I've been under the couch, and apparently I'm missing something because I didn't see it.

Under the couch on our old 2013 Heartland Trail Runner there was a wood panel covering one section under the back end of the couch.

Upon removal of the four screws holding it in and removing . . . amazingly there was that elusive water pump!

Hipower

Ok, I have the same problem. I just bought a used 2011 Cyclone 3800 HD. I turned the valve in the panel from Winterize to normal and it is still not filling the hot water tank. I have looked all over and can not find another bypass valve if there is one. I have water from both hot and cold taps but none in the tank. I have looked under all the sinks for another valve but found none. Anyone out there know where it's at?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Ok, I have the same problem. I just bought a used 2011 Cyclone 3800 HD. I turned the valve in the panel from Winterize to normal and it is still not filling the hot water tank. I have looked all over and can not find another bypass valve if there is one. I have water from both hot and cold taps but none in the tank. I have looked under all the sinks for another valve but found none. Anyone out there know where it's at?

It is probably right in front of your water heater . . . probably in the basement.

Here is ours:

ProwlerWHshutoffValve-P1000759.jpg

It is the one in the middle of the shot that has the valve in the middle with red pipe on one side and blue on the other side of the valve, plus there is probably another on the blue pipe at the bottom of the water heater.

danemayer

The winterize handle may have been the one that lets you suck antifreeze into the pump and on to the faucets. There's a separate bypass for the water heater. On some rigs it's a single handle in the UDC. On others, including Cyclones, I think, there are 3 valves as in John's picture. You'll probably have to take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage, behind the UDC (where the water connections are located).

Page 24 of our owner-written Water Systems Guide has pictures of the valves.