Which is which? Gray 1 or Gray 2...

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Always thought gray 1 was the shower tank....but after doing laundry today with the gray tanks closed....not so sure??? When I pulled gray 1 very little came out...when I pulled gray 2, it gushed...is gray 2 the shower??

Bobby A

On my coach #1 is the shower, its possible the factory reversed them, its not that big of a deal as long as you know which is which.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Always thought gray 1 was the shower tank....but after doing laundry today with the gray tanks closed....not so sure??? When I pulled gray 1 very little came out...when I pulled gray 2, it gushed...is gray 2 the shower??
From what I found I think #1 is Bathroom and #2 is Kitchen, at least that's how I labeled it. LOL

071787ce97b9f6d940fe3419dafb4f3e.jpg

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
My laundry goes to the bathroom grey tank (#1). Tank 1 fills up 5 times faster than grey 2 which is just the kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Yeah....that's what I remembered....guess the new valve we put in is leaking again....dang!!

Guess we'll have to open the belly and fix it again....can't run the tank heaters with it leaking...and I think we're going to need them...:)

bigdob24

My valves were leaking a little so I opened it up to accessed the valves and took them apart, cleaned and put water proof grease on them and put them back together. Also took the time and shortened up the cables to the proper length for each valve , lubed them with dry lube and reinstalled.
They all work very smooth, better than when it was new from the factory.
luckly just the gray valves needed attention the black was ok after the cable was lubed.
No leaks now.
I also installed a valve at the dump end of the pipe right behind the cap, if you have a small leak it will contain it no mess when removing the cap.

kakampers

Yep...we already replaced this valve about six months ago...looks like it needs work again. We do have the Valtera blade valve on the outlet which will help keep the fluids in...just don't like having too many valves to move when things start freezing up...:)