Which pin box & hitch do you recommend?

Jimnkarens

We are new to towing a fifth wheel. We are ordering a BH3260E and have not purchased a dually yet. Can anyone recommend a hitch/pinbox combo that they think is best, and why?
thanks
Jim

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Re: Which pin box &hitch do you recommend?

We ordered ours with the Moryde and tow it with a srw F350. It tows just as easy and stable as our previous and lighter BH. I just put Airlift 5000 air coils to help with the extra weight on the hitch.

mobilcastle

I have had several Mor/Ryde pin boxes - I really like them since there is no maintenence and they work well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Tallyrver

I just installed the Mor/Ryde pin box on my Gateway. After towing it for 3 months without it ,I am very pleased with the improvement in ride quality . $430.00 on Amazon with free prime shipping .

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

X 4 on the Mor/Ryde pinbox. You can order one from HL and they will install it in the build. If you want to install it yourself and save a few $$$. Get the one from Amazon. You will not need a expensive hitch with the Mor/Ryde. Any hitch that is rated over what the GVWR of the 3260EL will be fine. X2 on the Airlift 5000 airbags. I installed mine and added the "auto leveling" system. No muss no fuss. BTW, did you order the GY G614 tires??? I hope you did.

Jimnkarens

Heartland is installing the MorRyde pinbox. I did upgrade to the Goodyear G rated, 16", 16 ply tires. Next I need to shop for a truck and the Reese hitch. I was thinking of either the Ram 3500 Cummings TD or the F350 V8 gas. Any suggestions?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Which pin box &hitch do you recommend?

Definitely not a gas rig if you plan on putting a lot of towing miles on it. The diesels are built to tow and haul heavy loads and get 30-40% better fuel mileage doing it. All three full size truck manufacturers make great diesel motors. I would strongly urge you to reconsider before getting the gas engine, no matter which brand you go with. IMHO

Rod Ditrich

Jimnkarens

Thank you. That is the kind of feedback that I was looking for.
That narrows it down to the Ram 3500 with the Cummins TD. I like Fords but I have heard so bad things about the Ford Diesels.

Tundra2084

I second the Diesel engine. Once you pull with a diesel up a long hill and have done the same with a gasser you will remember why you got the Diesel. Better pulling power and fuel mileage. We had a V-10 and it had power but still whined going up steep grades but not so with the Diesel. Same route with both trucks, and no more white knuckled towing with the Diesel. And on top of that, the Engine breaking sure feels good going down a steep grade as well.

pegmikef

Thank you. I like Fords but I have heard so bad things about the Ford Diesels.

I am not pushing Ford, but if you dig around you can find isolated bad things about any of the big three. I am on my second 6.7 diesel Ford Truck (F250, now F350). I shopped around and in both cases thought the Fords were better equipped for towing with the antisway control, better mirrors and handling so when it came to the F350, I really liked the factory prep for the hitch so I could use the Reese Elite Hitch with my Moryde Pinbox. I can't really say anything bad about any of the big three so it comes down to what your personal preferences are.

BIGBAM

Thank you. That is the kind of feedback that I was looking for.
That narrows it down to the Ram 3500 with the Cummins TD. I like Fords but I have heard so bad things about the Ford Diesels.
Can't go wrong with the Cummins!! LOVE my RAM TRUCK!! The Bighorns not bad either!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

I love my Ford with the 6.7L diesel. Like it has been said, you can look around and find horror stories over every manufacturers engines and powertrain. We also are not pushing Ford but think you should go test drive ALL of the big 3

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders

Diesel is the only way to go. I've had great experiences with the Fords. Can't speak for the others.

Jim.Allison

I just installed the Mor/Ryde pin box on my Gateway. After towing it for 3 months without it ,I am very pleased with the improvement in ride quality . $430.00 on Amazon with free prime shipping .

Spend money on Hensley BD3 not on pinbox. You can probably find one used, they are very durable, I like to buy new, but that is just me. I would strongly consider used this thing is so tough, get one, take it home and paint it up, you will have one heck of a hitch that you can keep rather than swapping your pinbox around.The Hensley is also easily adjustable and there is a slider available for it if you can't find a used one with a slider.

Gsxr130

Do you know the model needed to fit the 3650BH?

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders

Spend money on Hensley BD3 not on pinbox....

I agree that Hensley is the way to go. I have the Hensley TS3 hitch and will never worry with an air pinbox again. There is a big difference between an air pinbox and an air hitch. Granted, air hitches cost more but well worth the money IMHO. And you do not have to worry about swapping pinboxes if you trade coaches or the pinbox not fitting a specific coach.

Gsxr130

The Hensley does require rails in the bed though right?

BobX2

I agree that Hensley is the way to go. I have the Hensley TS3 hitch and will never worry with an air pinbox again. There is a big difference between an air pinbox and an air hitch. Granted, air hitches cost more but well worth the money IMHO. And you do not have to worry about swapping pinboxes if you trade coaches or the pinbox not fitting a specific coach.

The MOR/ryde pinbox is not an air pinbox, and it is about $2k cheaper than an air hitch. That is some serious $$$ that can be spent on other accessories for the trailer. Love my MOR/ryde.