Which valve is for which tank??

C-Rad

Hey all I am at a campground now. Be here till tomorrow. Total of three days with three of us. Grey tank almost full according to the sensors. Black tank still reading empty. Was thinking of running to go dump the grey tank for sure but do both. I also have the black tank wash out to hook a hose to. But nothing on my camper or in any of my manuals does it say what valve is for the black tank and what one is for the grey. I want to do the black first so I can rinse the line with the grey water. Is there a usual standard? Left is black tank and right is grey tank?? It's a 2016 heartland prowler 26 BHS. Thanks for any clarification

mlpeloquin

My Big Horn has three valves. The top two are the gray handle gray tank valves and the bottom black handle is the black tank valve. If all your tank handles are the same color, then pull one out slowly. If it is a gray water tank valve, close it. Keep going until you get to the black tank valve. Then you will know.

Kinguni

Om my Prowler Lynx 285LX the front valve is grey and the rear is black. Not sure if yours is similar or not but it should be since the toilet will be right above the black tank at the rear. And no, not in the manual.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Get yourself a clear sewer line adapter. That way you can observe the color of what is going out. If still in doubt use some food coloring down the sink.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 32

silvasp

"Generally" the smaller pipe of the two (or three) is for gray water. The larger is the black waste since it needs to pass solids.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

On our Landmark it is as follows
Top- Gray #1 Bathroom
Middle- Gray #2 Kitchen
Bottom- Black
And the clear 45 degree elbow is a must have. It take out all of the guess work.
I recommend getting a label maker and label everything inside and out, makes life a whole lot easier each time you go out.
bc284d8d776089c97abf16c7a3e05ade.jpg

b7995d7caf52c5c13fc59c46e686fd9d.jpg