Which valve is which?

waviator

Brand new to RV world. We just bought our first one, a 2017 Cyclone 4250. We have grey tank and black tank in the front and separate gray tank and black tank in the rear of the coach. There are 2 separate compartments with 2 dump valve handles in each compartment. The valve handles are identical as far as they are the same size and the same color. How can I tell which handle dumps which tank. Thank you in advance for any help provided.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I suggest that you purchase a clear fitting to put on the end of your drain pipe and before the hose.
With the clear fitting you can tell what color the water is. I also suggest that you put some food coloring down the sink and observe the color when you pull a dump handle.
And where is Yale, WI?

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

HI waviator,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

mlpeloquin

Like that one or a straight one like I use. Don't need dye, because when you pull the black tank you will know. If it is whitish gray, it the gray tank. Close the handle and pull the second one. If it is brown and has toilet paper, it is the black tank and flush it. Then follow with the gray water. Mark the handles with a label. Most black tank handles have black handles and the gray have gray handles.

IronJ

Usually the handle farthest back (closest to bumper) is black...

But the clear elbow is the definitive way...or if you have a black tank flush hook it up and see which handle is flowing..

I use this one as It swivels and I can twist a cap on the end

3cc9b3153176a989b8c7d548f80fb802.jpg

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Lynn1130

Can you look under the trailer and see the dump pipes. ( I can on mine) The smaller diameter is the gray. The larger is the black.

ram_1955

I have a smaller pipe that I am 99% sure is the back grey water that ties forward to the front drain

Eglide78

Here is what I found on my RW413.
Front Left valve is Black Water for front Bathroom.
Front Right valve is Gray Water(front bath shower and sink) Both valves drain out front sewer drain

Rear Top valve is Black Water for rear bathroom. (Drains out of rear sewer line)
Rear bottom valve is Gray water valve. (Rear shower and sink, and kitchen sink) All drain out Front Sewer drain.

I drained everything and added water from one fixture at a time to nail it down for my TH. The labels on the access doors were wrong. It would have also been nice to know that bottom rear valve dumping gray water actually drains out front sewer pipe. Good feature if you only are dumping gray water I guess.

JW4250

I labeled mine with a label maker. I can look at mine once home and reply back. What sucks about this set up, it that although you have a separate black and grey handles in the back of the 4250, only black water comes out of the rear drain! When you pull the rear Grey handle, the grey water comes out of the front drain pipe along with the front black and grey valves. This means you empty the black water from the rear drain, you can't flush the hose with grey water to clean it out! Why would they design it this way. HOLD YOUR NOSE!

Does anyone have a definitive answer on this? Also have a 2017 4250 and haven't used it in a while and would like to know before I need to lol. Planning on labeling them once I know for certain.