Who knew this would work!

kowAlski631

MrsFish and I (Martha) thought this thread would be a good place to exchange ideas for out of the box solutions for situations you have encountered with your RV.

So, here goes. Irish Spring Soap doesn't just keep deer from munching plants, it also keeps mice out of your camper in storage.

Martha

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
So what do you do, just open a bar and set it in the basement????

GOTTOYS

MrsFish and I (Martha) thought this thread would be a good place to exchange ideas for out of the box solutions for situations you have encountered with your RV.

So, here goes. Irish Spring Soap doesn't just keep deer from munching plants, it also keeps mice out of your camper in storage.

Martha
In my opinion..it's like dryer sheets and deer whistles...they only work if there are no mice or no deer to begin with...JMHO...Don

MTPockets

In my opinion..it's like dryer sheets and deer whistles...they only work if there are no mice or no deer to begin with...JMHO...Don
I disagree; I have used for years a rubber mouse to keep elephants away.... It works. We've not had a single elephant intrusion in over 40 years of camping....

Mrsfish

On one trip, we kept having a turbo hose blow off. Limped into a small town and called our gear head son. Cleaned the inside of the hose as best as possible, clean the turbo pipe. Spray both with hair spray, let sit for a few seconds until it started getting tacky, put the hose back on the pipe and let it set up. 6 years later that hose hasn't budged and it had blown off a bunch of times before. Btw - this was our truck and we were pulling in the mountains at the time.

kowAlski631

It it does work for us on deer and mice. I open up bars and put in the basement, into cabinets and drawers. Before, mice. After none.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Here's another. Spray the toilet gasket (where the water goes out) with Pledge furniture polish after cleaning the gasket with a toilet brush. It will keep it from leaking.

And another to renew the finish on your RV making it look like new. Wash and clean the RV with soap and water. Then use Bar Keeper Friend powder to clean it good. Make sure it is very clean and all of the residue removed. The wipe with ZEP Wet Look Floor Wax. It will take about 5 coats and let it dry between each coat. That will make the finish shine like new and last a long time. The trick is to clean it very very good.

JanAndBill

Martha

It can also cure children from using bad language. Only took my Grandma one time to make me watch what I said. Course back then it was lye soap. The Irish Spring might taste a little better.

kowAlski631

In that case, heck with the propane tanks, do flea collars come in my 16.5" neck size?

Sure! They have them for mastiffs, great Danes, St Bernards, so one of those should do. Just make sure your will is current and life insurance paid up since I don't think your body will react well to the pesticides in the collar. Good luck with that approach.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I disagree; I have used for years a rubber mouse to keep elephants away.... It works. We've not had a single elephant intrusion in over 40 years of camping....

I'm gonna have to try that (rubber mices) . . . our elephant problem has be getting worse by the day lately!

And the fuzzy squeaky mices that our cats have as toys don't scare no elephants!

kowAlski631

I'm gonna have to try that (rubber mices) . . . our elephant problem has be getting worse by the day lately!

And the fuzzy squeaky mices that our cats have as toys don't scare no elephants!

Well, bless your heart! I do hope y'all get those elephant problems under control. I hear those pink ones are really a problem for people.

Martha